National Education Policy 2019
Efficient Resourcing and Effective Governance through School Complexes
Click on the button below to attempt online test.
You can also attempt a pen-paper test by scrolling down here.
CHAPTER 7: Efficient Resourcing and Effective Governance through School Complexes
- According to U-DISE 2016-17 data, what percentage of India’s public primary schools have less than 30 students.
C) Around 30%
D) Above 50%
- According to U-DISE 2016-17 data, what percentage of India’s upper primary schools have less than 30 students.
A) Around 15%
B) Around 30%
C) Around 50%
D) Above 70%
- Schools will be organized into school complexes which will be the basic unit of governance and ______________________..
- A ___________________ will be a cluster of public schools in a contiguous geography offering education across all stages – Foundational to Secondary.
- School complexes will ensure availability of all resources – infrastructure, academic (e.g. libraries) and people (e.g. art and music teachers).
- Match the following
- HEI A. will play a central role in performance management of teachers
and head teachers, by endorsing their evaluation and assessment,
including the annual appraisal
- SCERT,BITE B. Created by state government as an intermediate stage between
school complexes and the DSE to help in making local district-
level decisions at the district level
- DEC C. will create special programmes for learning how to develop and
run effective peer learning communities.
- SMC D. will play a significant role in supporting the school systems in
the district to improve, for example, by supporting teacher
professional development and helping in the development of
localised vocational courses.
- Below areas of counselling can be identified and mechanism established to offer teachers
- Counselling on choice of subjects in secondary grades
- Support and counselling on age related growth and development issues
- Support and counselling on mental health issues, including stress and mood disorders
- All the above
- The continuous professional development of teachers is not a responsibility of the school complex.
- Teachers and the school leadership must be fully involved in the governance mechanisms of the school for them to have a sense of deep ownership of the development and functioning of the school.
- ____________________ will develop a mid-term and short-term District Education Development Plan (DEDP), on the basis of the SDPs and SCDPs of the district. The framework for this will be decided by the DSE.
- The SCMC will consider creating smaller teams/ committees to look into specific long-term goals such as integration of vocational education, development of professional learning communities among teachers.
- ______________________ will be provided within the school complex for students as well as teachers to ensure safe access.
- During the year 2016–17, there were 119,303 single-teacher schools and the majority of them (94,028) being primary schools serving Grades
- 1 to 5
- 5 to 8
- 11 and 12
- 9 and 10
- The average number of students per grade in the elementary schooling system (primary and upper primary, i.e. Grades 1-8) is
- Around 30
- Around 15
- Around 5
- Above 50
- Devolving various administrative, organizational, governance-related, and management related responsibilities to the school complex, it will therefore become possible to
- Build vibrant communities of teachers, school leaders, and other supporting staff
- Better integrate education across all school levels
- Share key material resources such as libraries, science laboratories and equipment, computer labs, sports facilities.
- Develop a critical mass of teachers, students, supporting staff, as well as equipment, infrastructure, labs.
- All of the Above
Question Paper Key
- School Complex
- A) True
- (1, D), (2, C), (3, B), (4, A)
- B) False
- A) True
- A) True