Using idioms and phrases enhances the quality of your spoken as well as written English and your language looks elegant and eloquent. In essay writing contests, it fetches you good score and keeps you a head of others.
An idiom is a group of words that has a special meaning that is different from the ordinary meaning of each separate word.( Source: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English)
A phrase is a group of words that together have a particular meaning, especially when they express the meaning well in a few words. .( Source: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English)
Practice ten question on idioms and phrases.
- GE 73: KVS PRT GENERAL ENGLISH QUESTIONS-2017 PAPER
- GE 72: KVS TGTs RECRUITMENT EXAM-2016( GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION)
- GE 71: KVS PRT 2015- GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION
- GE 70: GENERAL ENGLISH PART KVS PRT EXAM-2013
- GE 69: GENERAL ENGLISH PART KVS PRT EXAM-2012 ( READING COMPREHENSION ONLY)