This quiz is useful for the aspirants of Library Science. Students appearing for UGC NET, SLET, KVS Librarian and NVS Librarian and DSSSB Librarian etc. can practice these exams.
For other quizzes on Library Science, kindly visit the page here.
Source : IGNOU B.Lib Material
For quizzes on General English, please visit the page here.
For General Knowledge quizzes, kindly click here
#1. Which of the following are true regarding Melwil Dewey?
#2. The number of pages in the first edition of DDC?
#3. When was the second edition of DDC published?
#4. When was the 15th edition of DDC published?
#5. Who was the editor of the 15th edition of DDC?
#6. When did the 16th edition of DDC appear?
#7. Who was the editor of the 16th edition of DDC?
#8. By which edition, the index of DDC was published as a separate volume ?
#9. When did the phoenix schedules start appearing from?
#10. Who was the editor of 17th, 18th and 19th editions of DDC?
#11. When was the twentieth edition of DDC was published?
#12. Who was the editor of the twentieth edition of DDC?
#13. Which of the following is true regarding Abridged DDC?
#14. In DDC, the Universe of Knowledge was divided into how many basic classes?
In DDC, the Universe of Knowledge was divided into nine basic classes, viz.,
Philosophy, Religion, Sociology, Philology, Natural Science, Useful Arts, Fine Arts,
Literature and History. These classes were academic disciplines in Dewey’s time.
Today, many of these main classes like Natural Science, Useful Arts, Sociology, etc.,
include several academic ‘disciplines.
#15. The structure of DDC is..
- Current Affairs – 2 November 2023PM Narendra Modi Launched ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ Platform for Youths of IndiaOn 31st October 2023, on the occasion of National Unity Day 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched the ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat) platform for the youth of India during the program held in Kartavya Path in New Delhi, Delhi. About Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat):i.MY Bharat is an autonomous body under the Department of Youth … Read more
- Current Affairs – 1 November 202316th Edition of Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023 held in New Delhi, DelhiThe Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized 16th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023 in collaboration with the Institute of Urban Transport (India) and with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. The event took place from … Read more
- Current Affairs – 31 October 202352nd GST Council Meeting: Ministry of Finance Notifies 18% GST on Corporate GuaranteeOn 26th October 2023, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) under the Ministry of Finance issued a notification stating that GST (Goods and Services Tax) will be levied on guarantees provided by corporations to their subsidiaries prospectively. The corporate guarantee … Read more
- Current Affairs – 29 & 30 October 2023Indian Oil Corporation Launches India’s 1st Gasoline & Diesel Reference FuelsUnion Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) launched the India’s 1st Reference Gasoline and Diesel Fuels produced by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). Note: The production of ‘reference’ fuel is another step towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India).About Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL):IOCL is a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise … Read more
- Current Affairs – 28 October 2023Kerala Becomes the First State to Have Hallmarking Centres in All DistrictsKerala has become the first state in India to have hallmarking centers in all of its 14 districts. This was achieved after the inauguration of a hallmarking center in Adimali, Idukki district, Kerala. Kerala Gold Business:i.The gold business in Kerala is worth more than Rs 1 … Read more