Sarojini Naidu is popular as the Nightingale of India. Her contribution to freedom struggle is note-worthy. She is a great poet, orator and leader.
Let us learn about the Nightingale of India.
# Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
# Freedom Fighters of India
For General Knowledge quizzes, kindly click here
#1. When was Sarojini Naidu born?
#2. Who is the father of Sarojini Naidu?
#3. Where was Sarojini Naidu Born?
#4. Who is the mother of Sarojini Naidu?
#5. Who is the spouse of Sarojini Naidu?
#6. What is Sarojini Naidu popular as?
Parrot of India Amir Khusroo
#7. Who gave her the sobriquet 'the Nightingale of India'?
Because of the lyrical quality of her poems
#8. When was appointed as the President of the Indian National Congress ?
1925 – At the Kanpur session, Sarojini Naidu became the first Indian women President of INC.
Annie Besant , became the first women president of INC in 1917.
#9. Which of the following books is not penned down by Sarojini Naidu?
wrote the book " The Other Dimension”.
Books by Sarojini Naidu:
The Golden Threshold
The Bird of Time: Songs of Life, Death & the Spring
The Broken Wing: Songs of Love, Death and the Spring
The Song of the Palanquin Bearers
The Sceptred Flute: Songs of India
The Feather of the Dawn, edited by Padmaja Naidu.
#10. Which of the following is untrue regarding Sarojini Naidu?
- Sarojini Naidu was the first woman governor of India. She became the governor of an Indian state on 15th August, 1947. She administered Uttar Pradesh from 15 August 1947 to 2 March 1949
- She became INC President of 1925 session, Kanpur ( First Indian Woman)
- Indiara Gandhi was the first woman to receive the Bharat Ratna(1972)
- the second Round Table Conference was held in London from 7 September 1931 to 1 December 1931
- LS CAT 8.1:CENTRALISED CATALOGUING, CATALOGUING-IN-PUBLICATION AND PRE-NATAL CATALOGUING
- LS CAT 7.1:FILING OF ENTRIES – CLASSIFIED AND ALPHABETICAL
- GE 73: KVS PRT GENERAL ENGLISH QUESTIONS-2017 PAPER
- GE 72: KVS TGTs RECRUITMENT EXAM-2016( GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION)
- GE 71: KVS PRT 2015- GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION