2 nd October is Gandhi Jayanti. Let us learn about Mahatma Gandhi.
We have two quizzes on Gandhi, each containing 25 questions.
Press the below link to attempt online quiz.
PEN-PAPER MODE OF THE ABOVE QUIZ IS AVAILABLE BELOW. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ANSWER KEY.
GANDHI JAYANTI QUIZ-2
- How many demands were put forward by Gandhiji before Lord Irwin, as the absolute minimum, for peace negotiations to begin?
- During the period of negotiations with the Viceroy, Gandhiji and most of the Congress Working Committee members stayed at the house of
a) G.D. Birla
b) Jamnadas Mehta
c) Asaf Ali
d) M.A. Ansari
- When was the Gandhi-Irwin pact signed?
a) March 2,1931
b) March 5,1931
c) March 15, 1931
d) March 25, 1931
- Who acted as Gandhiji’s adviser at Second round Table Conference?
a) G.D. Birla
b) Madan Mohan Malaviya
c) Prabhashankar Patkani
d) Sarojini Naidu
- Gandhiji began the Harijan uplift work in the ountry when he brought the resolution to resolve untouchability before the Congress in
- When the Second world War broke out, the british Government declared India as belligerent country and wanted full support in its War-effort. Gandhiji, as a person, was in favour of
a) Unconditional support
b) Unconditional but only moral support
c) Conditional support in men, money and materials.
d) No support at all
- On which day of August 1942 was Gandhiji’s quit India Resolution adopted by the All-India congress Committee?
- Gandhiji accorded very high priority to communal harmony in his programme of actions. At which place did he undertake his last fast for it on January 13, 1948?
- Identify the incorrect statement. Gandhiji was against
a) Development of science and technology.
b) all mechanised big industry.
c) Both (a) and b
d) Multiplication of wants.
- Which of the following closely reflects Gandhiji’s view on honesty in business?
a) It is impossible for a businessmen to conduct strictly honest business.
b) It is difficult for a businessman to conduct strictly honest business.
c) Honesty makes unbearable demands on the resources of a businessman.
d) An honest businessman will be somewhat less successful.
- How did Gandhiji look upon secrecy in politics?
a) A necessary evil
b) A diplomatic necessity
c) A sin
d) A desirable instrument for achieving goals
- According to Gandhiji ‘Poorna Swaraj’ refers to a state where
a) The necessaries of the life are equally enjoyed by the rich and the poor.
b) There is a progressive improvement in the economic conditions of the masses.
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) The poor enjoy all the luxuries which the princes and the moneyed people enjoyed before freedom.
- What did Gandhiji broadly mean by ‘Ramrajya’?
a) Replacement of the British army by a national army.
b) Sovereignty of the people based on pure moral authority.
c) Establishment of rule by the majority.
d) System similar to erstwhile Soviet rule of Russia.
- Which of the following is a close approximation to the Gandhian view of the purchase of ‘swadeshi’?
a) A villager buying goods manufactured to his country.
b) A villager buying goods produced in his village.
c) A villager buying goods manufactured by the traditional technology of the country in his own country.
d) A villager buying goods manufactured by his countrymen anywhere in the world.
- Gandhiji founded the All-India Spinners Association in September
- Who founded the Gandhigram?
a) Vinoba Bhave
b) G . Ramachandran
c) T.S. Soundaram
d) Both (b) & (c)
- Who did Gandhiji hail as his “Political guru”?
a) Dadabhai Naoroji
b) M.G. Ranade
c) G.K. Gokhale
d) Pherozeshah Mehta
- Who was, according to Gandhiji, the real founder of the Indian nationalist movement?
a) M.G. Ranade
b) Dadabhai Naoroji
c) B.G. Tilak
d) Ram mohan Roy.
- Identify the Englishman who contemptuously referred to Gandhiji as a “half-naked faqir”
a) Lord Willington
b) Winston Churchill
c) Ramsay MacDonald
d) Lord Wavell
- Who was probably the first Indian leader to appreciate the greatness of Gandhiji, remarking that he would be the future leader of the country?
a) Rabindranath Tagore
b) B.G. Tilak
c) G.K. Gokhale
d) Dadabhai Naoroji
- Who of the following associates of Gandhiji was the founder of Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan?
a) K. M. Munshi
b) Jamnalal Bajaj
c) Madan Mohan Malaviya
d) Govind Ballabh pant
- “Gandhi’s Truth”has been published by Faber and Faber, London. Who is its author?
a) J. R. Jones
b) John E. Smith
c) Erik H. Erikson
d) N. K. Bose
- Identify the author of “Gandhi, Marx and India”
a) S.S. Gangal
b) Pradhan S. Prasad
c) S. Dasgupta
d) S.A. Dange
- When did Gandhiji start the publication of a weekly paper, Harijan, to promote the anti- untouchbility campaign?
- Identify the author of mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru: A Historical partnership 1916-1948
a) M.V. Kamath
b) Madhu Limaye
c) R.P. Mishra
d) K. Santhanam
ANSWER KEY : 1.B 2.D 3.B 4.B 5.D 6.B 7.D 8.B 9.B 10.B 11.C 12.C 13.B 14.B 15.A 16.D 17.C 18.B 9.B 20.D 21.D 22.C 23.B 24.B 25.B