Q1. Read the following passage carefully and then answer the questions that follow :
- Often when we have to interact with a group of people , the most attractive and appealing person is the one who is cheerful, has a smiling face and behaves as if he were enjoying every moment. Such people have an optimistic outlook towards life. They are the ones with a positive attitude.
- In contrast to this could be the people who are focusing on the negative aspects of everything. Such pessimists,
- the ones with a negative, do not attract others in the same way. People with negative approach never succeed in their life. They have negative vibes which affect the entire environment and bring negativity in everyone’s life. Negativity is infectious. It has been proved that those who are in the company of such negative people catch negativity soon.
- Having a positive attitude means getting on with the job on hand . It means not brooding over what has gone before, nor fearing too much about what might happen in the future. If there is a problem ,positive thinkers quickly think of ways to solve it.
- Passing the buck, blaming other people or circumstances are excuses which such positive people avoid. If such a positive thinker alone cannot solve a problem, he or she seeks help from competent people. To have a positive attitude means not to feel that it is below one’s dignity to seek assistance.
- Of course, even the greatest optimist cannot smile all time and feel good. The ups and downs of life cause everyone to feel a touch of melancholy now and then, when everything seems hopeless. But developing a positive attitude helps us bounce back from every challenge and difficult experience ,ready to face whatever life brings.
- To get the best out of life, we owe it to ourselves to approach everything—-work, friendships and ,with a positive attitude.
- According to the passage, who is the most attractive and appealing person?
- Who are called the optimistic?
- What is the outlook of a negative person towards life?
- How do the people with negative outlook affect us?
- According to the passage, what do you mean by a positive attitude ?
- What does a positive person avoid ?
- How does a positive thinker solve the problem ?
- How can we get the best out of our life ?
(i) The one who is cheerful and has a smiling face the most attractive and appealing person.
(ii) Optimistics are those who have a positive attitude.
(iii) A negative person always focuses on the negative aspects of everything.
(iv) People with negative outlook have negative vibes which affect the entire environment.
(V) A positive attitude means getting on with the job on hand very cheerfully.
(VI) A positive people always avoid passing the buck, blaming other people or circumstances for
(VII) A positive thinker tries to solve his problem at his own.
(VIII) To get the best out of our life ,we should approach everything.