PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated New Parliament House; Installed Sengol; Unveiled a commemorative stamp & Rs 75 CoinOn March 28, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the new building of Parliament House and dedicated it to the nation and installed the Sengol with Nandi at the top facing East-West direction in the new Parliament House.
i.The new parliament building includes the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, Central Lounge, Central Hall for joint session, Constitutional hall, open courtyard and Offices.
- The new Lok Sabha has a seating capacity of 888 members, almost thrice the number compared to the current chamber of 552 seats.
- The new Rajya Sabha complex have a seating capacity of 348 members compared to 245 seats of the current chamber.
ii.PM Narendra Modi placed the historic sceptre ‘Sengol’ near the Lok Sabha Speaker’s chair in the newly built Parliament building. The name of the historical sceptre, ‘Sengol’ was derived from the Tamil word ‘semmai,’ meaning ‘righteousness/full of wealth’.
- The head priest of Madurai Adheenam (mutt) presented the same sceptre ‘Sengol’ to PM Narendra Modi. PM stated the Sengol as the sacred symbol of the transfer of power.
iii.PM unveiled a commemorative stamp and a special Rs 75 coin during the inauguration of the new Parliament building.
- The weight of the coin would be around 34.65-35.35 grams. and it will bear the inscription of the Parliament complex and have the image of the new Parliament building.
- The coin is made from a four-part alloy, comprising 50% silver, 40% copper, 5% nickel and 5% zinc.
Atal Bhujal Yojana Water Scheme extended for another 2 years, beyond 2025On May 26 2023, the National Level Steering Committee (NLSC) at its fourth meeting held in New Delhi, Delhi has made a decision for the continuation of the Atal Bhujal Yojana (Atal Jal), India’s Central Sector water conservation Scheme for an additional two years beyond its original 2025 end date.
- The 2 year extension aims to compensate for implementation delays due to covid-19 and to further community behaviour change towards conservation and smart water management.
- The Atal Bhujal Yojana Scheme is for facilitating sustainable ground water management since April 2020, under the Department of Water Resources (DoWR), River Development (RD) and Ganga Rejuvenation (GR), Ministry of Jal Shakti.
Note: Atal Jal is active across 8,220 water-stressed Gram Panchayats within 80 districts of seven Indian states Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Atal Bhujal Yojana scheme:
i. The goal of Atal BhujalYojana is to demonstrate community-led sustainable groundwater management by implementing appropriate investments/management actions led by the community through convergence of various ongoing /new central and state schemes.
Note: The scheme has already seen the adoption of various successful practices across the participating states, focusing on groundwater recharge and demand-side interventions.
The scheme with an outlay of Rs.6000 crores. Out of this, Rs.3000 crores will be as loan from the World Bank (financing will be done under a new lending instrument, that is, Program for Results (PforR)) and Rs.3000 crores as matching contribution from the Government of India (GoI).
Two components of Atal Bhujal Yojana scheme:
i. Incentive Component for incentivising the States for various measures in improved groundwater management practices.
ii. Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building Component.
i. The scheme encourages innovative irrigation techniques to enhance water efficiency.
ii. It seeks to unite various line departments working on water issues to maximise resource utilisation in implementing the Water Security Plans (WSPs).
iii. The scheme plans to bring 4.5 lakh hectares of irrigated area under efficient water techniques like drip irrigation and crop diversification etc.
The project’s performances will be measured through pre-set targets called Disbursement Linked Indicators (DILs) and forms the basis of incentive disbursement to States, wherein states performing well can be eligible for additional funding incentives.
Bank of Maharashtra top performer in NPA management during FY23i.As per the data of banks, Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has emerged as the best bank as far as management of bad loans is concerned with its net Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) decreased to 0.25% during FY23.
ii.This is the lowest ratio among all banks having total business above Rs 3 lakh crore including both Private Sectors Banks and Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
iii.With respect to NPAs, BoM is followed by the HDFC Bank with net NPA falling to 0.27% at 2nd spot and Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) at 3rd spot with 0.37% of net advances.
iv.On the PSB side, BoM was followed by the State Bank of India (SBI) with net NPAs falling to 0.67% and Bank of Baroda (BoB) at 0.89% at the end of March 2023.
About Bank of Maharashtra (BoM):
MD & CEO– A S Rajeev
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
Tagline– Ek Parivaar, Ek Bank (One Family One Bank)
Goldman Sachs hikes India’s 2023 GDP forecast to 6.3%
Goldman Sachs increased the Indian economic growth forecast by 30 basis points to 6.3% from 5.9% year-on-year (y-o-y) for calendar year 2023, citing a boost in net exports.
- It has pegged GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth for the Jan-March 2023 quarter at 4.9%, 6.5% for April-June 2023, 5.9% for July-September 2023 and 8.1% for October-December 2023.
i.There will be pick-up in government expenditure in the second half of FY24 before the general elections in 2024.
ii.Services Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) clocked a 13-year high of 62, domestic air passenger traffic exceeded pre-pandemic levels and services exports have increased despite a slowdown in global growth.
iii.There will be a strong trend in services exports, while the trend of lower merchandise imports is likely to continue.
iv.Real exports may grow above 4% y-o-y, while flat real import growth may be seen in 2023.
v.India’s investment growth forecast lowered to 7.9% y-o-y in the calendar year 2023, compared to 9% year-on-year earlier.
Uber partners with GeM portal to offer taxi services to govt offices, agencies, PSUs at fixed priceUber has joined hands with public procurement portal Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to provide taxi services to Govt offices, Govt agencies, and Public Sector Units (PSUs) on a pilot basis.
- Under this, Uber will provide thecab service at a fixed price with zero cancellation charges and no surge pricing.
Reason behind this Collaboration:
The demand for taxi services is on the rise within the government, leading to substantial expenditures. However, utilizing this service can result in significant savings for government departments.
- Cab and taxi services is the second highest category of services at the GeM portal, which are in demand by the government department and ministries.
i.An authorised person in each ministry or department can add riders/officials, who will be allowed to book the service through the Uber app from their mobiles. After availing the service, the bill will directly go to the department
- Authorised official can add or delete the name of riders as per the requirements.
ii.It will be a cashless/cardless ride of the officials; additional vehicle categories for government riders have been added — GeM Yatraa Hatch, GeM Yatraa Sedan; and there will be hourly rental for multiple-stops.
i.GeM was launched in 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce for buying goods and services by central ministries and departments with a view to bringing transparency in government procurement.
- GeM has over 63,000 government buyer organisations, over 62 lakh sellers and service providers offering a wide range of products and services.
ii.Currently, government departments, ministries, PSUs, state governments, and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) are allowed to carry out transactions through this portal.
- The portal provides a wide range of products from office stationery to vehicles.
iii.Among central government ministries, the power ministry was the top buyer in 2022-23 from the platform as it procured goods and services worth Rs 30,572.9 crore.
- It was followed by the Ministry of Defence (Rs 28,741.2 crore), and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (Rs 28,157.2 crore).
76th Cannes Film Festival: Justine Triet’s Anatomy of a Fall won the Palme d’OrThe 76th annual Cannes International Film Festival was held from May 16 to 27 2023 in Cannes, France. Justine Triet’s French courtroom thriller ‘Anatomy of a Fall’ has won the top award of 2023 ‘Palme d’Or’ for best feature film.
- Justine Triet is the third woman director to win Cannes’ top honor (the second in three years), following Julia Ducournau, who received the Palme d’Or award for Titane in 2021. Jane Campion was the first-ever female Palme d’Or winner in 1993 for ‘The Piano’.
i.The Grand Prix, the cannes film festival’s runner-up award, was given to ‘The Zone of Interest’, Directed by Jonathan Glazer, wdhich was based on the novel of the same title written by Martin Amis.
ii.Japanese actor, Koji Yakusho won the best actor prize at the 2023 Cannes Festival, for his role in Wim Wenders’ Perfect Days.
About The Cannes Film Festival: It is an annual film festival held in Cannes, France, until 2003 it was called the International Film Festival. It previews new films of all genres, including documentaries, from all around the world.
IIFA 2023: Hrithik Roshan and Alia Bhatt won the Best Actor awards The 23rd edition of NEXA International Indian Film Academy (IIFA 2023) Awards was held on 26th & 27th May 2023 in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan won the Best Actor in a Leading Role (male) for his performance in Vikram Vedha and Alia Bhatt won the Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) for her role in Gangubai Kathiawadi.
- On behalf of Alia Bhatt, Jayantilal Gada, producer of Gangubai Kathiawadi, received the award.
- The hosts of Nexa IIFA Awards 2023 are the Bollywood actors Abishek Bachchan and Vicky Kaushal.
Highlights of IIFA 2023:
i. Veteran actor and Padma Shri Awardee Kamal Haasan was conferred the Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema award.
ii. Riteish Deshmuk and Genelia D’Souza, Ved were honoured with the Outstanding Achievement in Regional Cinema.
iii. Manish Malhotra was honoured with Outstanding Achievement for Fashion in Cinema.
iv. The movie Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva won many awards including:
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Shreya Ghoshal; Best Playback Singer (Male) – Arijit Singh; Best Supporting Actor (Female) – Mouni Roy; Best Music – Pritam Chakraborty; and Best Lyrics – Amitabh Bhattacharya for the song Kesariya and Best Special Effects (Visual).
v. Actor and producer R. Madhavan won the Best Director award for his directorial debut film “Rocketry: The Nambi Effect.”
vi. Drishyam 2 starring Ajay Devgan and Tabuwon the award for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best editing and Best film.
About International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA):
i. The International Indian Film Academy Awards, popularly known as IIFA, is an annual awards ceremony for Bollywood. Produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment Ltd, a Mumbai (Maharashtra) headquartered global experiential marketing company.
ii. The winners of the awards are decided by fans, who vote online for their favourite actors from the Hindi film industry and the ceremony is held in different countries around the world every year.
- IIFA awards were first instituted in 2000 at London, the United Kingdom (UK).
Praveen Kumar Srivastava appointed as Central Vigilance CommissionerVigilance Commissioner Praveen Kumar Srivastava (PK Srivastava) was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, chief of the anti-corruption watchdog Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- On 29th May,2023, President of India, Droupadi Murmu, administered the oath of office to PK Srivastava as Central Vigilance Commissioner at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- He has been serving as the Acting Central Vigilance Commissioner after Suresh N. Patel completed his term as chief of CVC on 24th December 2022.
The tenure of a Central Vigilance Commissioner and the vigilance commissioner is of 4 years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years.
- CVC consists of a Central Vigilance Commissioner as Chairperson and not more than two Vigilance Commissioners as Members.
- At present, Former Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB), Arvinda Kumar is serving as the Vigilance Commissioner.
About Praveen Kumar Srivastava:
i.PK Srivastava is a former IAS officer of 1988 batch Assam-Meghalaya Cadre. He retired as the Secretary (Coordination) in the Cabinet Secretariat in the Government of India (GoI) on 21st January 2023.
ii.He assisted the Government of India in key negotiations related to trade in services under the World Trade Organisation as Director/deputy secretary in the Department of Commerce.
iii. He also served as Chief Vigilance Officer in Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES) Ltd as joint secretary and Mission Director in Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
iv.He handled offices related to cadre management of the Indian Police Service, personnel and general management of Central Armed Police Forces and Union Territories.
About Central Vigilance Commission (CVC):
The Central Vigilance Commission acts on complaints of corruption in Central Government Ministries, Bodies and Departments.
Central Vigilance Commissioner– Praveen Kumar Srivastava
Established in February 1964.
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
Bola Ahmed Tinubu sworn in as the New President of Nigeria; Kashim Shettima as VPOn May 29 2023, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 71, the former governor of Lagos (Nigeria), was sworn in as the 16th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Olukayode Ariwoola, Chief Justice of Nigeria, administered the oath of office to Bola Ahmed Tinubu at a ceremony held in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria.
- He succeeds Muhammadu Buhari, who was ineligible to run again after 2 four-year terms that began in 2015.
- He is also the 5th President of Nigeria since the return of democracy in 1999.
Kashim Shettima, a Nigerian Politician, has been appointed as the Vice-President of Nigeria.
In February 2023, Bola Ahmed Tinubu won the Presidential election as a candidate of All Progressives Congress and was declared the president-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
About Bola Ahmed Tinubu:
i. In 1991, Bola Ahmed Tinubu began his political career by joining the Social Democratic Party and in 1992, he was elected to the Senate, representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic.
ii. He served as the Governor of Lagos State from 1999 to 2007.
iii. In 2013, he played a significant role in the formation of the All Progressives Congress.
He has authored 2 books: “Financialism: Water from an Empty Well”, which was co-written with Briane Brown; and “Common Sense Revolution”,
President– Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Currency– Nigerian Naira
ICICI Bank To Raise Stake In ICICI Lombard General Insurance By Up To 4%
The board of directors of the ICICI Bank has decided to raise its stake in ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company (ILGIC) by an additional 4% in the next 16 months and make ILGIC as a subsidiary of ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank already holds a 48.02% stake in ICICI Lombard and plans to acquire at least 2.5% before 9th September 2024.
- The board of ICICI Bank approved an increase in shareholding of ILGIC, as permissible under applicable law, to ensure compliance with Section 19(2) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 make the ILGIC, a subsidiary of the ICICI Bank, subject to receipt of necessary regulatory approval.
Note: In March 2023, the Reserve Bank of India directed ICICI Bank to bring down its shareholding to less than 30% in ICICI Lombard by 9th September 2024.
ISRO’s GSLV-F12 successfully places navigation satellite NVS-01 into Orbit On May 29, 2023, the Indian Space Research Organisation (IRSO) has successfully launched the GSLV-F12/NVS-01 mission and placed a second generation Navigation Satellite, NVS-01,into geosynchronous transfer orbit (GTO).
- The satellite was carried thorugh 51.7-metre-tall, 3 stage geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV) rocket with a cryogenic upper stage and launched form second launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota (Andhra Pradesh)
- ISRO launched NVS-01 to augment the continuity of Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC) services with the launch of the satellite.
i.GSLV rocket deployed the 2,232 kg satellite into the intended GTO at an altitude of about 251 km. NVS-01 carries navigation payloads L1, L5, and S bands.
ii.For the first time, the second-generation satellite also carried an indigenously developed rubidium atomic clock, which was developed by Ahmedabad-based Space Applications Centre . Earlier scientists at ISRO had used an imported atomic clock.
About Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO):
Chairman– S Somanath
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
SpaceX launched a telecommunication Satellite named Arabsat BADR-8, into the Orbit
On May 27 2023, SpaceX (The Space Exploration Technologies Corporation) launched a big telecommunications satellite named Arabsat BADR-8 of Arabsat, Saudi Arabia’s leading satellite service providers from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida, the United States of America (USA) into Earth’s orbit.
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket lifted off with the BADR-8 communications satellite for Arabsat.
- BADR-8 satellite weighs nearly 10,000 pounds (4.5-metric ton), will provide television broadcast services, video relay, and data services across the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and Central Asia.
- This mission marked the 195th successful landing for overall SpaceX between both Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets.
- The mission supported by Falcon 9 first stage booster was already used in 14 other flights, and the current SpaceX record is 15.
About BADR-8 of Arabsat:
i. The BADR-8 of Arabsat satellite is bound for geostationary orbit, about 22,200 miles (35,700 kilometres) above Earth.
ii. It would nearly take four to five months for the BADR-8 satellite to reach its operational orbit.
iii. Once the satellite is up the BADR-8 will beam TV broadcasting and other telecom services to central Africa, Europe, and the Middle East
iv. The investment in the BADR-8 program totals about $300 million (US Dollar), including the spacecraft manufacturing contract with Airbus, the launch agreement with SpaceX, insurance, and ground infrastructure.
- France headquartered, Airbus is a global pioneer in the aerospace industry, operating in the commercial aircraft, helicopters, in defence and space sectors.
Miniopetrus Srinii: New Bat Species discovered in Karnataka
Dr Bhargavi Srinivasulu, zoology scientist from Osmania University(OU)(Hyderabad, Telangana), along with her son, Aditya Srinivasulu, has discovered a new species of bat named “Miniopetrus Srinii” or Srini’s Bent-winged Bat, from a subterranean cave( in Western Ghats) at Makuta in Kodagu district of Karnataka.
- The new species is named in honour of Prof C Srinivasulu, a bat biologist at OU.
- The discovery is published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal “Zootaxa”.
- The new species is identified as the Small Bent-winged Bat, which have long wings, which are two and half times their body length, these long wings tend to fold over when bats rest.
- With the discovery, the number of bent-winged bats in India has increased from 4 to 5.
- The Small Bent-winged Bat is reported from the Nicobar Islands, peninsular India, Nepal and Northeast India.
- These small sized bats found in southern Europe, Africa, Madagascar, Asia, Australia, New Caledonia and Vanuatu, live in large colonies in caves.
Malaysia Masters 2023: HS Prannoy won Men’s Singles title & 1st World Tour TitleIndian Shutler Prannoy Haseena Sunil Kumar (HS Prannoy) (World no 9) won the Men’s Singles Title at the Perodua Malaysia Masters 2023 by defeating China’s Weng Hong Yang.
- This mark’s his maiden Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Title.
Malaysia Masters 2023, 14th edition of the tournament, was held from 23rd to 28th May 2023 in Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About Malaysia Masters 2023:
i.Malaysia Masters 2023, presented by Daihatsu, is a BWF World Tour super 500 tournament.
ii.The event was organised by the Badminton Association of Malaysia.
iii.The Tournament offered a prize pool of USD 420,000.
iv.The 2023 Malaysia Masters was the 10th tournament in the 2023 BWF World Tour calendar and the second Super 500 event of the season.
v.Malaysia Masters (formerly Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold) has been held since 2009.
Malaysia Masters 2023 is the first event for the Road to Paris – the qualifying cycle for Paris 2024 Olympics.
i.Akane Yamaguchi, two-time world champion and current world No.1
Defeated Indonesia’s Gregoria Mariska Tungjung to win Women’s Singles title at Malaysia Masters 2023.
- This marks her second victory of 2022 in Kuala Lumpur. She won the Malaysia Open 2023 held in January 2023 in Kuala Lumpur.
ii.Baek Ha Na and Lee So He of South Korea defeatedTan Pearly and Thinaah Muralitharan of Malaysia to win women’s doubles title,while Seo Seung Jae and Kang Min Hyuk of South Korea claimed the men’s doubles title defeating Malaysia’s Man Wei Chong and Kai Wun Tee
iii.Thailand’s pair Dechapol Puavaranukro and Sapsiree Taerattanachai won their mixed doubles title defeating China’s Feng Yan Zhe and Huang Dong Ping.
Winners of Malaysia Masters 2023:
Kang Min-hyuk(South Korea)
Kai Wun Tee(Malaysia)
Lee So Hee(South Korea)
Feng Yan Zhe(China)
- His last Singles victory was at the 2017 US OPEN Grand Prix Gold.
- HS Prannoy got Arjuna Award in the year 2020
- HS Prannoy also part of the Indian Team, which won Thomas Cup 2022.
Formula 1: Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins Grand Prix De Monaco 2023On May 28 2023, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, a Dutch-Belgian racer, won the 2023 Monaco Grand Prix (GP) held at Circuit de Monaco in Monaco. This mark’s his 2nd ever Monaco GP title, he previously won the title in 2021.
- Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso (Spain) finished 2nd and Alpine’s Esteban Ocon (France) finished 3rd in Monaco GP 2023.
- 2023 Monaco GP is Max Verstappen’s fourth victory of 2023 season
- Max Verstappen also became the 2nd Red Bull driver to become a multiple Monaco GP winner after Mark Webber, who won the title twice in 2010 and 2012.
- 2023 is the 74th season of the F1 world championship.
- Round 8 will be held in Spain on June 4 2023.
Top 3 drivers of Monaco GP 2023:
- Circuit de Monaco is a street circuit laid out on the city streets of Monte Carlo and La Condamine, Monaco.
ii. The Monaco GP is the slowest and the most difficult of all circuits in the formula 1 world championship.
Number of laps: 78
Circuit length: 3.337 kilometres
Race Distance: 260.286 km
Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
On 28th May 2023, Former Indian Cricketer Ambati Rayudu who plays for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the Indian Premier League (IPL), has announced his retirement from IPL. The final of the 2023 IPL against Gujarat Titans will be his last match in IPL.
- Ambati Rayudu, hailing from Andhra Pradesh(AP) has been part of the CSK since 2018. He represented Mumbai Indians in IPL from 2010 to 2017.
- He was a part of the MI team that won the IPL title in 2013, 2015 and 2017 and was part of the CSK team that won the title in 2018 and 2021.
- He had played 203 IPL games and has made 4329 runs with 22 half-centuries and one century.
Note: He previously retired from International cricket in 2019. During his international career, He represented India in 55 One Day Internationals (ODIs), scored 1694 runs at an average of over 47, including 3 centuries and 10 half-centuries.
World Hunger Day 2023 – May 28 World Hunger Day is annually observed across the globe on 28th May to create awareness about the significance of ending hunger. The day also highlights the significance of the Global Food Crisis, towards finding a sustainable solution towards a hunger-free planet.
The theme of World Hunger Day 2023 observed on 28th May 2023 is “Celebrating sustainable solutions to hunger and poverty”.
World Hunger Day is an international initiative, established in 2011 by ‘The Hunger Project’, A Global, Non-Profit, Strategic Organisation which runs programmes across 12 countries in Africa, Latin America and South Asia.
- The first-ever World Hunger Day was observed on 28th May 2011.
About The Hunger Project:
Chair- Sheree S. Stomberg
Headquarters-New York, The United States of America
Founded in 1977
World Menstrual Hygiene Day – May 28 2023World Menstrual Hygiene Day is annually observed across the globe on 28th May to create end period poverty (the inability to afford menstrual products) and highlight the issues faced by menstruating girls and women.
The theme of World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2023 observed on 28th May 2023 is “Making menstruation a normal fact of life by 2030”.
Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) was initiated in 2013 by WASH United, a German non-profit organisation.
- WASH United is the overall global coordinator of MH Day and acts as its international secretariat.
Note: The observance also coincides with the “International Day of Action for Women’s Health” commemorated by women ‘s health advocates across the globe on 28th May since1987.
Why May 28?
The day is observed on 28th day of the fifth month (May) of the year as menstrual cycles average 28 days in length and people menstruate an average of five days each month.
Importance of menstrual hygiene:
i.According to UNICEF(United Nations Children’s Fund), around 1.8 billion people across the world menstruate every month that includes girls, women, transgender men and non-binary persons.
ii.It is estimated that around 500 million people lack access to menstrual products and adequate facilities for menstrual health.
iii.The menstrual health and hygiene practices can prevent infections, reduce odors, and help you stay comfortable during your period.
iv.Promoting menstrual hygiene safeguards women’s dignity, privacy, bodily integrity.