GSTN launches e-Invoice Registration Services with Private IRPs; GSTN enlists 4 Companies to provide e-Invoice RegistrationOn the recommendation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, the Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) has launched e-Invoice Registration Services through multiple private Invoice Registration Portals (IRPs) as another step towards further digitization of the business process flow.
- The Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) has enlisted 4 private companies.
Ernst & Young Global Limited (EY), Clear (formerly ClearTax), Cygnet Infotech Pvt. Ltd., and IRIS Business Services Limited; were enlisted for providing e-invoice (electronic invoicing) registration services to all GST taxpayers of India.
GST e-invoice is the introduction of the development of the digital invoice for goods and services rendered by the business firm and produced at the official GST portal.
- Businesses must create electronic or e-invoices for all business-to-business (B2B) transactions if their annual revenue is Rs 10 crore and above.
- So far, taxpayers under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime could only register their electronic invoices through the official government portal National Informatics Centre (NIC).
i. The taxpayers can now register their e-invoices using more than one IRP (earlier being the only single portal of NIC).
- This adds significant capacity for e-invoice generation for B2B transactions.
ii. The end-to-end flow of an e-invoice that has been digitally signed between buyers and sellers through integration with the GST system will lead to ease of compliance for taxpayers.
- Also, it will lead to the simplification of auto-drafting and auto-populating of invoice details in the GST returns, which would lead to increased accuracy, the correctness of reporting of supplies and availing of Input Tax Credit (ITC) by the recipients of the supply.
iii. IRP portals will enable e-invoicing, resulting in a faster and more transparent exchange of invoices while minimising tax leakages, and will serve as the digital rails for a USD 10-trillion economy.
iv. E-invoicing for B2B transactions was made mandatory under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) law for companies with a turnover of over Rs 500 crore from 1 October 2020.
- This requirement was expanded to include companies with a turnover of over Rs 100 crore as of 1 January 2021.
Note: Companies that had a turnover of more than Rs 50 crore started producing B2B e-invoices from 1st April 2021.
- On April 1, 2022, the barrier was reduced to Rs 20 crore.
- The barrier was further reduced to Rs 10 crore as of 1st October 2022.
Airbus Receives Order from India for Two ACH160 HelicoptersAirbus Corporate Helicopters (Airbus) has received an order for two ACH160 helicopters in India, marking the first sale of any helicopter in the H160 range in the region.
- In compliance with the terms of the contract, Airbus will offer a turnkey solution to enable the seamless entry into service of both helicopters and will play a significant role in the Indian government’s “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” mission.
i.The customer (in this case, the Indian customer), an experienced helicopter operator, will receive the helicopters in the ACH160 Exclusive configuration for business purposes.
ii.It is envisaged that this helicopter will set an entirely novel standard for helicopter operations in India, particularly for private aviation and premium charters.
iii.More than 120 Airbus helicopters are already in service in the Indian market.
About ACH160 Helicopters:
i.With 68 new Airbus patented technologies, the ACH160 is the latest member of the ACH family and the most technologically advanced helicopter in the world.
ii.In comparison to medium twin helicopters of a previous generation, it offers 20% more volume per passenger and 35% larger windows, giving it the brightest cabin in its class.
iii.The innovative air conditioning technology of the ACH160 provides for precise temperature control and optimal cabin air quality while providing highly efficient air exchange.
- The mood lighting of the ACH160 Exclusive version assists in minimizing fatigue.
MHA approves MoU between Indian & Nigerian Drug Control AgenciesThe Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has approved the proposal for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India’s Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on the prevention of illicit trafficking in ‘Narcotic Drugs’, psychotropic substances and precursor chemicals.
- The action on the prevention of illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs was taken after a meeting between the heads of the NCB and NDLEA following the “No Money for Terror Conference” (NMFT) which was held in Delhi in November 2022.
i. In 2021, 798 Nigerian nationals was arrested in India for allegedly involving in crimes like drug trafficking, cheating, forgery, and violating the Foreigners Act, among others.
- According to the National Crime Records Bureau, the majority of cases (245) pertained to drug trafficking.
ii. The MoU will make it possible for cooperation between Indian and Nigerian anti-drug trafficking agencies.
iii. India and Nigeria will exchange vital intelligence regarding the operations of drug trafficking organisations using dangerous drug routes between the two nations, a list of suspects arrested, seizures, and significant drug smuggling organisations active in India and Nigeria.
iv. At the NMFT conference in November 2022, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Nigeria’s Interior Minister, met Amit Shah, Union Home Minister, to discuss bilateral issues.
- During the meeting of the two ministers, the problem of the several Nigerian nationals arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking was raised, and it was decided that those arrested would face the law.
About the Ministry of Home Affairs:
Union Minister- Amit Shah (Constituency- Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat)
Minister of State- Nityanand Rai (Constituency- Ujiarpur, Bihar); Ajay Kumar Mishra (Constituency- Kheri, Uttar Pradesh); Nisith Pramanik (Constituency- Coochbehar, West Bengal)
President- Muhammadu Buhari
Currency- Nigerian Naira
DCA Issues “Endorsements Know-Hows!” Guidelines to Hold Celebrities, Influencers, And Virtual Influencers on Social Media Platforms Accountable A set of guidelines titled “Endorsements Know-Hows!”: For Celebrities, Influencers & Virtual Influencers on Social Media Platforms, has been released by the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (MoCA, F&PD).
- Objective: To guarantee that individuals do not mislead their audiences when endorsing products or services and that they follow the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and any associated rules or guidelines.
The new rules are anticipated to have an impact on India’s Rs. 1,275 crore online endorsement market.
Key Guidelines as mentioned in “Endorsements Know-Hows!”
i.According to the guidelines, endorsements must be expressed in simple, clear language, and terms like “advertisement,” “sponsored,” “collaboration,” or “paid promotion” may be used.
ii.The terms “advertisement,” “ad,” “sponsored,” “collaboration,” or “partnership” may be used to describe paid or bartered brand endorsements. The term, however, must be expressed as a hashtag or in the headline text.
About the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (MoCA, F&PD):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra
Minister of State (MoS) – Ashwini Kumar Choubey; Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
NSDC engages ISB as Knowledge Partner for G-20 Education Working GroupThe Indian School of Business (ISB) is collaborating with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), as a knowledge partner for the G-20 Education Working Group (EWG).
- As part of this collaboration, ISB will provide research support to NSDC in the broad area of the ‘future of work’.
- In addition to original research, ISB will draw on two webinars and a seminar in creating knowledge collateral for the G20 EWG.
- The knowledge collateral will aid evidence-based policymaking around the area of ‘future of work’ and inform the inputs provided at the ministerial declaration.
Webinars: It will discuss ‘Megatrends Shaping the Future of Work’ and ‘Foundational Skills and Lifelong Learning’.
- The webinar will conclude with a skills exhibition at Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, that will host all G-20 nations.
Digital Payments Awareness Week 2023: RBI Launches of Mission ‘Har Payment Digital’On March 06, 2023, the Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Shaktikanta Das launched the mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ as part of the Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW).
- Objective: To reinforce the ease and convenience of digital payments and facilitate onboarding of new consumers into the digital payment system.
- The mission would run till the period of Vision 2025.
- The theme of Vision 2025 was “E-Payments for Everyone, Everywhere and Everytime”.
- The DPAW 2023 was being observed by RBI from March 6 to 12, 2023 to further deepen the usage of digital payments across India.
- The campaign theme of DPAW 2023 is “Digital Payment Apnao, Auron ko bhi Sikhao” (Adopt digital payments and Also teach others).
ii.Jan Bhagidari: The regional offices of the RBI will conduct awareness and outreach programmes as part of ‘Jan Bhagidari’ events under the Indian G20 presidency.
iii.75 Digital Villages: RBI also plans to initiate a programme named ‘75 Digital Villages’ in observance of 75 years of Independence.
- Under the programme, 75 villages across India will be adopted by Payment System Operators (PSOs) to convert them into digital payment enabled villages.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CUB Launches “Dhi CUB Visa Signature Credit Card” In Partnership with 42 Card SolutionsCity Union Bank (CUB), a private sector lender, has announced the launch of its first-ever credit card service, the “Dhi CUB Visa Signature Credit Card,” in collaboration with 42 Card Solutions Pvt Ltd, a provider of credit card management services.
- The credit cards were initially issued to CUB employees as a trial run, and the bank intends to have roughly 30,000 active cards by the end of March 2023.
i.The new card scheme is anticipated to benefit more than 5 lakh customers, with priority given to existing CUB customers when granting credit cards.
ii.Customers can apply for the card by logging into the bank’s mobile app and earn 1.25% cashback on eligible purchases, payable monthly for the next 2 years.
iii.CUB will also provide its credit card users with a free ‘CUB Keychain Debit Card,’ which will provide added convenience and ease of payment for all TAP & GO purchases.
iv.Its exclusive benefits include access to best-in-class benefits on travel, entertainment, dining, shopping, and more through the visa network.
v.Under the collaboration, 42 Card Solutions will supervise CUB’s end-to-end credit card processing services by employing an all-in-one, cloud-native card management system from Pismo, a Brazilian technology company.
- It will aid in the implementation of new payment methods and features.
vi.42 Card Solutions is in discussion with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to integrate the card into the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform and will shortly launch the card on the Visa Platinum network.
About City Union Bank Ltd (CUB):
MD & CEO – Dr. N Kamakodi
Established – 1904
Headquarters – Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
Tagline – Trust and Excellence Since 1904
ONGC signs MoU with France’s TotalEnergies for Deep-Water Exploration On March 6, 2023, the Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with French major TotalEnergies for exploration of deep-water blocks.
What will be done under the MoU?
i.This MoU will provide technical help to ONGC to explore and reduce green house emissions in development of deep-water blocks especially in Mahanadi and Andamans, off India’s east coast.
ii.Both sides will jointly evaluate Exploration and Development opportunities to create synergies with local economies.
i.India is the world’s third biggest oil importer and consumer, ships in over 85% of its oil from overseas.
- India is working towards monetizing its oil and gas resources to reduce its reliance on costly imports.
ii.In 2022, ONGC signed heads of agreement with U.S. oil giant ExxonMobil Copr for deep-water exploration on the India’s east and west coasts.
- It focuses on the Krishna Godavari and Cauvery basins in the eastern offshore region and the Kutch-Mumbai region in the western offshore area.
About Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC):
Chairman– Arun Kumar Singh
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
AIIMS signs MoU with Mauritius PSC to Assist in Conducting ExaminationsThe All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Public Service Commission (PSC) of Mauritius to assist in conducting examinations.
- The Mauritius PSC conducts examinations for dentists and medical and health surgeons to join public service in Mauritius.
- The PSC had approached the examination section of AIIMS for assistance in conducting its examinations. The examination section of AIIMS has experience in conducting various entrance, exit and recruitment-level examinations on a large scale.
- The examination section of AIIMS will assist the Mauritius PSC in preparing questions as per the requirement of the scheme of service for the posts in Mauritius.
- AIIMS will also assist in conducting the examinations for the various positions and marking the scripts and preparation of the final result.
Conrad K Sangma Sworn in as CM of Meghalaya for Second TermOn March 7, 2023, Conrad Kongkal Sangma (Conrad K. Sangma), President of the National People’s Party (NPP), was sworn in as the Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya, to lead a coalition government for the second consecutive term.
- Meghalaya Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to Conrad K. Sangma and 11 others (totaling a 12-member cabinet), including two Deputy Chief Ministers, Prestone Tynsong and Sniawbhalang Dhar, both from the NPP, at a magnificent ceremony held at Raj Bhavan in Shillong, Meghalaya.
The Meghalaya Democratic Alliance 2.0 took power for the second time after the NPP received support from the BJP, United Democratic Party (UDP), People’s Democratic Front (PDF), Hill State People’s Democratic Party (HSPDP), and a few independents.
- The ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, BJP National President J.P. Nadda, and Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma.
i.Sangma defeated BJP candidate Bernard N. Marak in the South Tura constituency by a margin of 5,016 votes.
ii.It should be noted that Sangma hails from the Garo Hills, Mr. Tynsong is from the Khasi Hills, and Mr. Dhar is from the Jaintia Hills. The Khasi and Jaintia Hills are frequently considered to be a single region.
iii.Apart from the two Deputy CMs, nine other Ministers were sworn in. They are as follows:
- From NPP (5) – Marcuise N Marak, Rakkam A Sangma, Dr. Ampareen Lyngdoh (only woman), Comingone Ymbon and Abu Taher (AT) Mondal (only non-tribal)
- From BJP (1) – Alexander Laloo Hek
- From UDP (2) – Paul Lyngdoh and Kyrmen Shylla
- From HSPDP (1) – Shakliar Warjri
iv.The NPP emerged as the single-largest party in the elections after winning 26 of the state’s 60 seats (elections were held only in 59 constituencies as the UDP candidate for the Sohiong constituency passed away during the campaign).
- The NPP-led alliance has 45 Members of Legislative Assembly (MLAs), with 26 from the NPP and 2 from the BJP.
Chief Minister (CM) – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
Governor – Phagu Chauhan
Zoological Park – Lady Hydari Park; Nehru Park Cum Mini Zoo
Airport – Shillong Airport; Baljek Airport
NDPP leader Neiphiu Rio sworn in as Chief Minister of Nagaland for 5th TermOn 7th March 2023, Neiphiu Rio, leader of the Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) of Nagaland, was sworn in as Chief Minister (CM) of Nagaland for the 5th time in the presence of Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi at the Capital Cultural Hall, Kohima, Nagaland.
- Taditui Rangkau Zeliang and Yanthungo Patton took oath as Deputy Chief Ministers of Nagaland in Kohima, Nagaland.
Additionally, 9 MLAs including G Kaito Aye, Jacob Zhimomi, KG Kenye, P Paiwang Konyak, Metsubo Jamir, Temjen Imna Along, CL John, Salhoutuonuo Kruse and P Bashangmongba Chang took oath as ministers in the Nagaland cabinet.
Union Home Minister; La Ganesan, Nagaland Governor; JP Nadda, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President; and Himanta Biswa Sarma, CM of Assam were present.
i. After winning the assembly elections on 2nd March 2023, the BJP and NDPP alliance retained power in Nagaland.
- In the 2023 elections for the 60-member Nagaland Legislative Assembly, the BJP-NDPP coalition won 37 seats: BJP-12 seats and NDPP-25 seats.
About Neiphiu Rio:
i. Neiphiu Rio, an Indian politician and longest-serving CM, was born on 11 November 1950 in Kohima, Nagaland.
ii. Prior to being appointed as the Nagaland CM, he had headed many prestigious organizations.
- He served as the President of Kohima District United Democratic Front (UDF) Youth Wing in 1974.
- In 1984, he served as the Chairman of the Northern Angami Area Council and has been the honorary Vice President of the Indian Red Cross Society Nagaland branch.
i. Neiphiu Rio was 1st elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly during the 7th General Elections of 1989 as the Congress (I) candidate from the Northern Angami-II constituency.
- He has won every state election he contested from the constituency since 1989.
ii. He served as the Minister of Sports and School Education, Minister of Higher & Technical Education, Minister of Art and Culture, Minister for Works & Housing (1993), and Nagaland’s Home Minister (1998-2002).
iii. He also served as Chairman of the Nagaland Industrial Development Corporation, Nagaland Khadi & Village Industries Board and the Development Authority of Nagaland.
iv. He served as Nagaland’s chief minister for four periods (2003–2008; 2008–2013; 2013–2014; and 2018–2023).
i. Neiphiu Rio was nominated as Lifetime Deputy Governor (Honorary) in 1999 in the Board of Governors by American Biographical Institute Research Association.
ii. In 2007, he was awarded The Mother Teresa Millennium award for his outstanding leadership and contributions to politics in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
Governor- La Ganesan
Wildlife Sanctuary- Fakim Wildlife Sanctuary; Puliebadze Wildlife Sanctuary
Airport- Dimapur Airport
S.S. Dubey takes charge as Controller General of Accounts of India On 6th March 2023, S.S. Dubey, a 1989-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer, took charge as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance (MoF), with immediate effect. He is the 28th CGA of the Government of India.
- Before taking over as CGA, S.S. Dubey was the Additional CGA in the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
About S.S. Dubey:
i. S.S. Dubey has been entrusted with the significant responsibility of managing financial operations for numerous government ministries and divisions.
ii. He has served as Chief Controller of Accounts in the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion; and as Controller or Deputy Controller of Accounts in the Ministry of Environment & Forest, Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Revenue, Department of Supply; and was in charge of budgeting, accounting, payment, internal audit etc.
iii. He also served as Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer at Bank Note Press (BNP), Dewas, Madhya Pradesh.
- BNP, Dewas is an industrial unit of Security Printing & Minting Corporation of India Limited, Wholly owned by the government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs.
iv. S.S. Dubey served as Joint Secretary & Financial Advisor to the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs and the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region.
v. Additionally, he served as Deputy Secretary/Director to the Ministry of Food, Consumer Affairs & Public Distribution and supervised Targeted Public Distribution System (Public Distribution System (PDS)) and Central Water Commission(CWC), Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
vi. He was the Government of India nominee Director on the Board of Public Sector Undertakings like Engineering Projects India ltd., NBCC (India) Limited, Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO) and Metro Rail Corporations of several states.
vii. Besides serving in the Indian Government, he also has 5 years of international experience at the United Nations (UN), where he worked as Head of Procurement and Logistics at the UN World Food Programme, New Delhi, Delhi.
About Controller General of Accounts (CGA):
i. The Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is ‘the Principal Advisor’ on Accounting matters to the Union Government.
ii. CGA is responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound management accounting system as well as preparation and submission of the Union Government’s accounts.
iii. CGA is also in charge of exchequer control and internal audits for the Government.
About the Ministry of Finance (MoF):
Union Minister- Nirmala Sitharaman (Rajya Sabha Karnataka)
Minister of State- Pankaj Chaudhary (Constituency- Maharajganj, Uttar Pradesh); Dr Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad (Rajya Sabha Maharashtra)
ISRO Conducts Deployment tests of Gaganyaan Pilot & ACS ParachutesAs part of preparations for the Gaganyaan human space flight mission, ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) conducted the Rail Track Rocket Sled deployment tests of the Gaganyaan Pilot and Apex Cover Separation (ACS) parachutes in cluster configurations at the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL), Chandigarh, on March 1 and 3, 2023.
- The Gaganyaan parachute system development was executed jointly by Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, and Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE), Agra.
- Both pilot and ACS parachutes were deployed using a pyrotechnic mortar device.
About the Deplyment tests:
i.Pilot Parachute test:
- Under the first test, clustered deployment of two Pilot Parachutes were simulated.
- One parachute was subjected to a minimum angle with respect to flow conditions and the second parachute was subjected to a maximum angle with respect to flow.
- These pilot parachutes are used in the Gaganyaan mission to extract and deploy the main parachutes independently.
ii.ACS parachutes test:
- The second test simulated the clustered deployment of two ACS parachutes under maximum dynamic pressure conditions.
- Under Gaganyaan mission the ACS parachutes would be used for the separation of the apex cover mounted on the Crew Module.
- The test also simulated clustered deployment at a 90-degree angle of attack conditions for the crew module.
About Gaganyaan human space flight mission:
The Gaganyaan project envisages demonstration of human spaceflight capability by launching crew of 3 members to an orbit of 400 km for a 3 days mission and bring them back safely to earth
Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) which functions under ISRO is responsible for the implementation of the ‘Gaganyaan Mission’.
About Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)
Chairman – S. Somanath
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Establishment – 1969
China launches Communication Satellite ‘Zhongxing-26’ China launched ‘Zhongxing-26’ (also known as ChinaSat 26), a communication satellite with more than 100 Gbps (gigabits per second) capacity, into geostationary orbit by a Long March 3B from the Xichang Space Center (XLSC), based in southwest China’s Sichuan province and dedicated to China’s most powerful launch vehicles.
The launch marked the 465th mission of a Long March rocket since 1970 and the 6th Chinese orbital Launch of the year (2023).
- Zhongxing-26 is based on the DFH-4 enhanced (DFH-4E) satellite bus and uses chemical and electric propulsion.
- It is China’s first satellite to provide more than 100 gigabits per second (Gbps) (HTS-high-throughput satellite) and was developed by CASC’s (China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation) China Academy of Space Technology (CAST).
K.M. Chandrasekhar authored a New Book titled “As Good as My Word: A Memoir”K.M. Chandrasekhar, former Cabinet Secretary of India, has authored a book titled “As Good as My Word: A Memoir”, an autobiography published by HarperCollins. The book offers a critique of institutions and covers a turbulent time period.
- K.M. Chandrasekhar is a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the 1970 batch. He served as the Cabinet Secretary of India from 2007 to 2011.
- He has worked in many fields over the course of a 5-decade career, including district administration, public finance, taxation, national security, and foreign diplomacy.
- He was the Founder Chairman of the Spices Board, India’s Ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the Union Revenue Secretary.
- He was Vice Chairman of the Kerala State Planning Board and has also held the position of Secretary for Industries and Finance departments in the Kerala government.
Paytm inks pact with Andhra Pradesh Govt for initiatives in Financial Inclusion On March 6, 2023, Digital financial services firm One97 Communications that owns Paytm brand has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government to promote mutual cooperation and financial inclusion in the areas of Industrial Development, Financial Inclusion, Public Health, Cyber Security and Prevention of Financial Frauds in AP.
- It was inked on the sidelines of the Andhra Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Visakhapatnam, AP from March 3-4, 2023 on the theme ‘Advantage Andhra Pradesh- Where Abundance meets Prosperity’.
It was signed in the presence of Saurabh Gaur, Secretary, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Government of AP; and Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder, Managing Director and CEO of Paytm.
What will be done under the MoU?
i.Paytm will empower merchants, street vendors and street hawkers in AP to accept digital payments and provide them access to loans through its lending partners.
- It will also empower various GoAP (Government of Andhra Pradesh) departments to accept digital payments from citizens and businesses.
ii.Paytm’s platform will be utilized by the AP government for providing eGovernment services, which will be conveniently accessible to all Paytm Super App users.
iii.Paytm will collaborate with the state health authority in facilitating seamless OPD (Outpatient Department) appointment booking at government and private hospitals under the forthcoming Unified Health Interface (UHI) programme.
iv.Paytm will also conduct cybersecurity training for AP police personnel and launch a joint campaign to raise awareness of cybersecurity best practices among citizens.
About Andhra Pradesh (AP):
Chief Minister (CM)– Jagan Mohan Reddy
Governor– Syed Abdul Nazeer
National Parks– Sri Venkateswara Park, Rajiv Gandhi Park, Papikonda National Park
Chhattisgarh CM presented the State Budget of Rs 1,21,501cr for FY24 i.On March 6, 2023, the Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel presented Rs 1,21,501 crore state budget for FY24 in its State Assembly in Raipur. It was the 5th and the last budget of this term as the state is scheduled for Assembly Elections in 2023.
ii.It is Rs 15,200 crore deficit budget where Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is projected at 8%.
iii.It is termed as ‘Bharose ka budget’ with a motto of ‘Gadbo Nava Chhattisgarh’.
iv.CM Bhupesh Baghel’s briefcase, which contained the Budget documents, featured Chhattisgarhi art graffiti of the state’s icons, Mahatari and Kamdhenu, created using ‘gobar’ (cow dung) paint from urban Gauthan. The other side of the briefcase had an embossed image of Ma Kamdhenu.
v.The highest allocation of 16.1% is provided for education with more than Rs 19,000 crore to the school education department while Rs 10,379 crore budgeted for panchayat and rural development and Rs 10,070 crore for agriculture.
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
National Parks – Guru Ghasidas National Park, Kanger Valley National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Bhoramdeo Sanctuary, Tamor Pingla Sanctuary
Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw releases ‘Go Green, Go Organic’ cover for Sikkim On March 8, 2023, Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Communications and released a unique cover of the Department of Posts, ‘Go Green, Go Organic’ for Sikkim.
- This cover acknowledges the state’s achievements in organic farming, its contribution to India’s agriculture sector, and showcases the importance of sustainable development for India.
- Notably, Sikkim is the first state of the world to get recognized as an 100% Organic state by the World Book of Records (London).
i.Sikkim’s 75,000 hectares of land were converted to organic farmlands. All of Sikkim’s farmlands are certified organic, and this has benefited more than 66,000 farming families.
ii.Meanwhile, the state has also won the prestigious Future Policy Gold Award from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO).
Chief Minister– Prem Singh Tamang
Governor– Lakshman Prasad Acharya