MIB partners with Amazon India in the field of Media, Entertainment and Public Awareness Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, announced that the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(MIB) has entered into a partnership with Amazon India in the field of media, entertainment and public awareness.
About the Letter of Engagement:
i.The Letter of Engagement (LoE) between MIB and Amazon India will lead to a multidimensional partnership between various organization under MIB and various verticals of Amazon.
- This includes the National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC), Prasar Bharati, Publications Division, and the media training institutions of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) under MIB.
- Amazon Prime Video(APV), Alexa, Amazon Music, Amazon e-marketplace, and IMDb of Amazon.
ii.This LoE will also includes
- aspects on promotion of Indian heritage through a dedicated catalogue of Publication Division’s books on India’s culture on the Amazon e-commerce website
- promotion of Indian music on Amazon Music and Alexa
i.Under this partnership, the public speeches by the President of India and Prime Minister of India, contents related to events of national importance and public interest campaigns and daily news bulletins will be disseminated through Alexa and Amazon Music.
ii.As a part of this partnership, International Film Festival of India (IFFI) Award winning films, and films produced as part of India’s international co-production treaties would be on boarded by APV.
iii.APV and MiniTV would also onboard the archival content owned by Prasar Bharati and NFDC
i.APV will sponsor scholarships, create internship programmes, and offer job opportunities for students of FTII and SRFTI as part of the talent development component.
ii.APV will also organise skill building activities in partnership with NFDC, conduct masterclasses by Indian and international film personalities in academic institutions for media and entertainment industry, and launch initiatives to refine the talent of the winners of the ‘75 Creative Minds of Tomorrow’ program.
iii.Amazon will work with NFDC to ease of availability of information about Indian artists on IMDb, a global database for the creative industry.
About Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(MIB):
Union Minister– Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh)
Minister of State– L. Murugan (Rajya Sabha- Madhya Pradesh)
India & Romania signed their first Defence Cooperation Agreement On March 28, 2023, India and Romania singed the defence cooperation agreement during the bilateral meeting on defence cooperation held between Giridhar Aramane, Secretary, Ministry of Defence and Simona Cojocaru, State Secretary and Chief of the Department for Defence Policy, Planning and International Relations of Romania in New Delhi, Delhi.
- This is the first defence cooperation agreement between India and Romania.
About the Agreement:
i.This agreement will set the foundation of the practical cooperation between the armed forces of India and Romania.
ii.This will also provide a new impetus to the bilateral agenda on defence.
Under this agreement, Romania will cooperate with India on military education, training, cyber defence, military medicine, military history and other domains that can benefit both the nations.
iii.Within the framework of this agreement, Romanian Institute for Political Studies of Defense and Military History will cooperate with the Indian Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses.
Bilateral meeting Between India and Romania:
i.A wide range of issues such as military to military cooperation, military training and courses, defence co-development and co-production and capacity building were discussed during the bilateral meeting.
ii.Both India and Romania shared shared their perspectives on regional security challenges and expressed their commitment to work together to enhance cooperation in all defence sectors.
Romania joined North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in 2004 and European Union(EU) in 2007.
President– Klaus Iohannis
Currency– Romanian Leu
‘Top 10 Busiest Airports Worldwide for 2022’ by ACI: Delhi Airport Emerges as The World’s 9th Busiest Airport in 2022 The Airports Council International (ACI) World published the ‘Top 10 Busiest Airports Worldwide for 2022,’ which ranked Delhi Airport [Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA)] as the 9th busiest airport in the world in 2022, surpassing Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport in France.
- IGIA improved from its previous positions of 13th in 2021 and 17th in 2019, registering a footfall of 5,94,907 (5.94 crore) passengers in 2022.
Top 10 Busiest Airports Worldwide for 2022
i.According to ACI, the top 10 airports for total passenger traffic, which account for 10% of global traffic, saw a 51.7% increase from 2021, amounting to an 85.9% improvement over their 2019 figures.
ii.Five of the top ten airports in the world are located in the United States (US), and they all have sizable domestic passenger shares (ranging from 75% & 95% of domestic traffic).
About Union Territory of Delhi:
Chief Minister (CM) – Arvind Kejriwal
Lieutenant Governor – Vinai Kumar Saxena
Festivals – Lohri; Makar Sankranti
RBI Data: Bank credit growth Increased by 15% in FY23, Highest since FY12According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, India’s Bank credit increased by 15% year-on-year (YoY) in the Financial year 2022-23 (FY23), against 9.6% YoY in 2021-22 (FY22).
- FY23 credit growth is the highest since FY12 when it was 19.3%.
i.Bank deposits expanded 9.58% YoY in FY23, against 8.9% YoY growth in FY22.
ii.In FY23, the bank deposit mobilisation was lagged behind credit disbursements.
- Rs 15.78 trillion was raised through deposits in FY23, against Rs 13.51 trillion raised in FY22.
- The credit in absolute terms rose Rs 17.83 trillion in FY23, up from Rs 10.43 trillion in FY22.
iii.According to the RBI’s data on Scheduled Bank’s Statement of Position in India, the outstanding credit stood at Rs 136.75 trillion at the end of the last fortnight of FY23 (on March 24, 2023), up from Rs 118.91 trillion in FY22 (on March 25, 2022).
- Outstanding deposits stood at Rs 180.43 trillion in FY23, against Rs 164.6 trillion in FY22.
iv.The interest rate on one-year term deposits was in the range of 5-5.6% around the end of March 2022 and moved up to 6-7.25% by the end of March 2023.
v.The savings deposit rate remained in the range of 2.7-3% in March 2022 and March 2023.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Governor – Shaktikanta Das;
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 1st April 1935
‘Global Trade Outlook and Statistics’ by WTO: Global Trade May Grow 1.7% In 2023 Despite War The World Trade Organization (WTO) has released its “Global Trade Outlook and Statistics” report, which projects that global trade would expand by a modest 1.7% in 2023, up from the earlier forecast of 1% in October 2022.
- The pace of trade expansion in 2023 is still likely to be slow, hampered by the ongoing war in Ukraine, consistently rising inflation, tighter monetary policy, and financial uncertainty.
The volume of world merchandise trade had a 2.7% growth in 2022.
i.According to the WTO’s trade forecasts, real global GDP growth at market exchange rates is projected to be 2.4% in 2023.
ii.In the 12 years since the trade collapse that followed the global financial crisis, growth rates for trade and output are predicted to be 2.6% and 2.7%, respectively, below their respective averages.
iii.In 2024, trade growth is anticipated to rebound to 3.2% as GDP growth accelerates to 2.6%.
iv.However, the forecast is more unpredictable than normal due to the presence of significant downside risks, including rising geopolitical tensions and global food insecurity.
v.The revised projection for 2023 is due to factors such as the easing of COVID-19 pandemic regulations in China, which is likely to relieve accumulated consumer demand in the country, boosting international trade.
i.In 2023, North America (3.3%) is projected to have the highest growth rate for merchandise exports of any WTO region, followed by the CIS (2.8%), Asia (2.5%), and Europe (1.8%).
ii.West Asia and South America are predicted to have slower export growth 0.9% and 0.3%, respectively, while exports of goods from Africa are projected to decrease (-1.4%).
iii.The estimated GDP growth for Europe has been revised up by 0.7% points, while the expected GDP growth for Asia has been revised down by 0.4% points.
iv.Global commodity prices contributed to a 12% increase in the value of international merchandise trade to USD 25.3 trillion in 2022.
v.In 2022, the value of world trade in commercial services rose 15% to USD 6.8 trillion.
vi.Exports of digitally delivered services amounted to USD 3.82 trillion in 2022.
About the World Trade Organization (WTO):
The WTO is an international organisation that deals with international trade regulations. Its primary duty is to guarantee that trade operates as smoothly, predictably, and freely as possible while providing a level playing field for all of its members.
Director-General– Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (First woman and the first African to serve as Director-General of WTO)
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Membership– 164 members
Cognizant wins £74 million deal from UK’s Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
On 6th April 2023, Cognizant, an American multinational information technology company, won a £ 74 million Pound sterling (approx USD 92 million) contract from the United Kingdom(UK)’s Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) to enhance the government organisation’s supply chain model and add new digital capabilities. The tenure of the deal is for 2 years.
- Cognizant will implement the new online services and digital platform capability under the Application Development and Maintenance Support services program.
- It can be reused across the core Defra group, including its partner organizations – Environment Agency, the Animal Plant Health Agency, and the Rural Payments Agency.
- By improving processes and the quality of Defra’s digital services, the programme aims to help provide consistency and a streamlined trip for Defra’s clients.
MCC Honoured 5 Indian Cricketers with Honorary Life MembershipOn 5th April 2023, Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) based at the Lord’s Cricket Ground (since 1814) in London, the United Kingdom(UK), has awarded honorary life membership of the Club to 17 World’s finest cricketers, including 5 Indian cricketers(3 men and 2 women): Mahendra Singh Dhoni(MS Dhoni); Suresh Raina; Yuvraj Singh; Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami.
- MCC has also awarded a further 2 Honorary Life Memberships for non-playing contributions to the game.
- 8 of the 12 Test Playing countries are represented on the 2023 Cohort of new Honorary Life Memberships.
Points to note:
i.MS Dhoni (2004–2019), the former captain of the Indian Men’s cricket team, is the only cricket captain in the world to win all three major ICC tournaments – 2007 ICC World T20, the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.
- Under his captaincy, India also won the 2010 and 2016 Asia Cups.
Awards: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2007 (now Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award); Padma Shri (2009); Padma Bhushan (2018);
ii.Yuvraj Singh is the former International Indian Cricketer (2000-2017) who was adjudged the 2011 World Cup Player of the Tournament. During the tournament, he became the first player to take a 5-wicket haul and score a 50 in the same World Cup match.
Awards: Arjuna Award (2012); Padma Shri (2014)
iii.Suresh Raina, former Indian international cricketer (2005-2018), was a part of the team that won the 2011 Cricket World Cup and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy. He became the first Indian to score a century in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
- He scored over 5,500 ODI runs across a 13-year career.
iv.Jhulan Goswami, former Indian international cricketer (2002-2022), became the highest wicket taker in Women’s World Cup overtaking previous record of Lyn Fullston in 2022.
- She retired from international cricket in September 2022, with her final match coming against England at Lord’s. She continues to play for Bengal squad and She also joined the Women’s Premier League franchise Mumbai Indians as bowling coach and mentor.
Awards: Arjuna Award (2010); Padma Shri (2012)
v.Mithali Raj (1999-2022), former captain of the India women’s national cricket team, leads the leads the all-time run-scoring list with 7,805 runs at an average of 50.68 in 211 innings.
Awards: Arjuna Award (2003); Padma Shri (2015), and Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna (2021).
About Marylebone Cricket Club:
International Cricket Council(ICC), the global Governing Body for cricket, relies on MCC to write and interpret the Laws of Cricket
President– Stephen Fry
Founded in 1787
Tripura Declared as Best Performing State in Northeastern Region for e-ProcurementTripura has been declared as the Best Performing State in the Northeastern Region in the implementation of e-procurement jointly by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and the Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology (MeitY) during a workshop held on 27th March 2023 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Delhi.
- Tripura was recognized for significant work in various sectors like Saubhagya Yojana, empowerment of panchayats, etc in the last 5 years.
i. Tripura was rewarded for completing the work within a specified time under the Saubhagya Yojana of the Power Department.
ii. The state has also bagged the title of the best performer in agriculture and panchayat self-empowerment.
iii. The state government has placed a strong emphasis on transparency, and as part of that, it has made e-procurement mandatory for any services and goods costing more than Rs 25,000.
i. e-Procurement brings transparency to government sales and there is no opportunity for vendors to form alliances.
ii. This system helps small and medium industrialists in procurement. Vendors of government goods and services do not have tax evasion.
iii. The e-procurement system allows vendors from any part of India to participate besides reducing the cost to the government.
India Elected to the UN Statistical Commission & Programme Coordinating Board of UNAIDSIndia was elected as a member of the United Nations (UN) Statistical Commission, the world organisation’s highest Statistical body, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, by the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for a 4-year term of office beginning January 1, 2024.
- India secured 46 out of 53 votes in a secret ballot.
- India was a member of the Statistical Commission last in 2004 and the country is now returning to the UN Statistical body after a gap of two decades.
- India has participated in the competitive election with South Korea, UAE (United Arab Emirates), and China for two seats from the Asia Pacific States category. South Korea won over China for the other seat in the election, for the Asia Pacific States category.
ECOSOC elected India for a term of office beginning on April 5, 2023, and expiring on December 31, 2025, to fill the outstanding vacancies from the Asia-Pacific States in the Programme Coordinating Board of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) (UNAIDS).
About UN Statistical Commission:
i.The United Nations Statistical Commission, established in 1947, is the highest body of the global statistical system bringing together the Chief Statisticians from member states from around the world.
ii.Membership: The Commission consists of 24 member countries of the United Nations elected by the United Nations Economic and Social Council on the basis of an equitable geographical distribution according to the following pattern:
iii.The term of office of members is 4 years.
China’s Space Pioneer Launched Liquid-Fueled Rocket – Tianlong-2 into OrbitOn 2nd April 2023, Space Pioneer (also known as Beijing Tianbing Technology Company Limited), a Chinese aerospace company developing reusable orbital rocket technology, launched its Tianlong-2(TL-2) Yaoyi carrier rocket, a liquid-fueled rocket, from the Jiuquan launch centre in northwest China.
- With this launch, Space Pioneer becomes the 1st Chinese aerospace company(private) to launch a liquid-fueled rocket into orbit and this also marks the first time a startup company has successfully reached orbit on its 1st attempt.
Note: According to the translation, The Tian long-2 name means “Sky Dragon-2,”
The rocket launched a small satellite named Ai Taikong Kexue or “Love Space Science”, developed by Hunan Hangsheng Satellite Technology Co., Ltd, into a Sun-synchronous orbit, which will test its remote sensing capabilities.
i. Tianlong-2 is a three-stage rocket that is capable of carrying 2,000 kilograms (2 tons) to low Earth orbit or 1,500 kg (1,5 tons) to a 500-kilometre-altitude sun-synchronous orbit.
ii. The 3.35-meter-wide, a 32.8-meter-tall rocket with a take-off mass of 153 tons is fueled by coal-based kerosene.
Note: Recently, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), China’s state-owned main space contractor, approved the use of Kerosene derived from coal.
- Space Pioneer also intends to launch an even larger Tianlong-3 model similar to SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy.
What is Liquid-Propellant Rocket?
Liquid-propellant rockets have significantly greater control over their flight than solid-propellant rockets, which are unable to modify the flow of fuel.
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 is capable of returning to Earth in controlled descents and making vertical landings.
i. Reusable rockets will help the building of Chinese constellations of commercial satellites that can provide services ranging from high-speed internet for aircraft to tracking coal shipments.
ii. The Chinese government has called for an integrated network of satellites for communications, remote sensing, and navigation in its most recent 5-year plan for 2021–2025.
- Currently, China owns more than 400 satellites, including commercially owned satellites.
About the Republic of China:
Prime Minister- Li Qiang
President- Xi Jinping
Currency- Chinese Yuan
NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Breaks World Records Once AgainOn April 2, 2023, the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), performed its 49th flight, breaking two records: the highest altitude and the highest speed achieved by any self-propelled aircraft outside of Earth.
- The little rotorcraft (Ingenuity) made its 49th flight during which it flew up to a height of 16 metres and clocked a high speed of 23.4 kilometres per hour.
Ingenuity covered a distance of 282 metres during the 49th flight, which lasted 142.7 seconds.
Note: Mars is more than 225 million kilometres away from Earth.
Previous records of Ingenuity:
i.For over two years, NASA’s Ingenuity, the Mars Helicopter, has been flying on the surface of Mars, the red planet, covering a distance of over 11 kilometres.
ii.On December 3, 2022, the Ingenuity rotorcraft flew roughly 14 metres above the surface of Mars, breaking its previous flight height record.
iii.On three distinct occasions—December 10, June 11, and April 8 (in 2022)—it reached its previous flight speed record of 19.8 kilometres per hour.
iv.On April 8, 2022, it completed its record-breaking 25th flight, which remains its longest flight to date, covering a remarkable distance of 704 metres. This flight was also its fastest until flight 49.
i.On February 18, 2021, the Perseverance Rover and Ingenuity, a tiny solar-powered helicopter, landed down on the Martian surface.
ii.It made history by successfully accomplishing the first powered extraterrestrial flight in human history on April 19, 2021.
iii.It made history during the flight by hovering and landing in the same spot for 39.1 seconds.
About National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
NASA is an independent agency of the United States (US) in charge of air and space science and technology.
Administrator – Bill Nelson
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
HAL’s First LCA Trainer Successfully Completes Maiden Test-flight
On 5th April 2023, the first series production Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas trainer (LT 5201) aircraft, manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), successfully completed its maiden flight, marking a major milestone in the LCA Tejas programme.
- The 1st-ever Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) trainer (LT 5201) built to series production standards took off from their airfield and successfully completed a 35-minute flight test before landing.
- The trainer plane was piloted by Group Captain Venu and Wing Commander Awasthi.
- As part of the LCA Tejas program, the Indian Air Force has ordered around 10 twin-seater LCA trainers for the commissioning of 83 Tejas Mk-1As, an improved variant of Tejas Mark 1 from next year (2024).
Jharkhand Education Minister Jagarnath Mahto Passed AwayOn 6th April 2023, Jagarnath Mahto, Minister of Education in Jharkhand, passed away at a hospital in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), at the age of 56. He was born on 1 January 1967 in Alargo, Bokaro, Jharkhand.
- Jagarnath Mahto, a politician and cabinet minister from Jharkhand, represented the Dumri Vidhan Sabha constituency. He was an MLA from Jharkhand Mukti Morch (JMM) party.
- He was actively involved in a separate statehood movement, which was led by Shibhu Soren.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace 2023 – April 6United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is annually observed across the globe on April 6 to celebrate the role of sports and physical activity in our individual lives and communities across the globe.
- 6th April 2023 marks the observance of the 10th edition of the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.
The global theme for IDSDP 2023 is “Scoring for People and the Planet”.
- This theme broadly focuses on sport’s impact and influence on sustainable development and peace.
i. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/67/296 on 23rd August 2013 and proclaimed April 6 of every year as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.
ii. The 1st ever IDSDP was observed on 6th April 2014.
Note: International Olympic Committee(IOC), in its capacity of Permanent Observer of the UN, proposed and supported this initiative to recognise sports organisations’ role in and contribution to social change and human development.
About the United Nations (UN):
Secretary-General- António Guterres
Headquarters- New York, USA
TN CM M.K. Stalin Launches Anaivarukkum IIT M Initiative for Government School StudentsOn 5th April 2023, Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin (M.K. Stalin), Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (TN), launched “Anaivarukkum IITM” (IIT-M for All), the initiative of the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M), Chennai, TN, to connect 1 lakh Government School students studying in rural locations to electronic science.
- He also announced a new talent support scheme, “Thiranari Thervu Thittam” (skill development), for state-run school students that offers Rs 1,000 per month as a stipend at an event held at the IIT-M campus in TN.
Note: Thiranari Thervu Thittam means a scheme to spot and nurture talent.
i. M.K. Stalin also distributed electronic kits developed by IIT-M to the Government school students in the presence of Udhayanidhi Stalin, Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development, Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi, Minister for School Education and Prof. V. Kamakoti, IIT-M Director.
ii. This outreach program, a part of the “Anaivarukkum IITM” (IIT-M for All) initiative, intends to connect IIT-M with 1 lakh students annually in TN who are studying in rural locations.
iii. The objective of the skill development scheme is to encourage and help Government school students to continue their higher education without barriers.
iv. The students will receive the Rs 1,000 stipend each month until they finish class 12. They would also receive an annual stipend of Rs 12,000 for their undergraduate (UG) and graduate studies. (PG).
About Tamil Nadu:
Chief Minister- M.K. Stalin
Governor- R. N. Ravi
Wildlife Sanctuary- Kanyakumari Wildlife Sanctuary; Sathyamangalam Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve- Srivilliputhur – Meghamalai Tiger Reserve
About the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M):
Chairman- Dr Pawan Goenka
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Cabinet Approved Tripartite Agreement with KfW German Bank for Kerala GEC projectThe Union Cabinet has provided the approval for the signing of a tripartite agreement by the Kerala State government, and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) with the German state-owned development bank KfW (formerly KfW Bankengruppe) for securing a loan for the Kerala Green Energy Corridor (GEC) project, which is being implemented by KSEB.
i.On November 11, 2022, the Union government and KfW signed an agreement for the Rs 1,457-crore Kerala GEC project.
ii.To take the loan proposal forward, an agreement needs to be signed by the State government and the KSEB with the German bank.
iii.Three GEC projects will be undertaken under the programme and the it will support the grid integration and power evacuation of Renewable Energy (RE) power.
About the KfW loan:
i.At the current rates, the project will be eligible for a KfW loan of €102.11 million (approximately Rs 916 crore) at 3% to 4% interest.
ii.A sum of Rs 138.71 crore will be available as a Central government grant. Both the Law and Finance departments had provided the approval for the proposal.
- For securing the Central grant, the Kerala government has to award the works before November 23, 2023.
IndiGrid launches First BESS Project linked to Solar Panels in Maharashtra
On 5th April 2023, India Grid Trust (IndiGrid), India’s 1st listed power sector infrastructure investment trust, commissioned its 1st Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) project coupled with solar panels at its Dhule sub-station in Maharashtra.
- The BESS project will meet the substation’s auxiliary consumption requirement.
- The BESS solution coupled with solar energy will also act as a prototype for expanding its presence in energy transition opportunities in the sector.
IndiGrid owns 17 power projects, consisting of 46 transmission lines with more than 8,416 ckms (circuit kilometres) in length, 13 substations with 17,550 MVA (megavolt amperes) transformation capacity and 100 MW (Megawatts) (AC) of solar generation capacity.
KSINC launches Solar-Powered Tourist Vessel “Sooryamshu”
State-owned Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation (KSINC) has introduced its solar-powered hybrid boat “Sooryamshu”, a first-of-its-kind tourist boat in Kerala, in Kochi backwaters, Kerala.
The boat built by the United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Solas Marine Services Group was named Sooryamshu after the Hindi translation of “Sunbeam.”
- The vessel is probably the 1st solar-powered tourist vessel and the biggest of its kind in Kerala. The vessel has the capacity to accommodate 100 passengers.
- The vessel, which cost Rs 3.95 crore and was constructed in a yard in Sri Lanka, is one among the few in Kochi whose safety and allied features have been approved by the Indian Registry of Shipping.
- The vessel will have a 6-hour day cruise package priced at Rs 799 per person in which it will operate in the Marine Drive-Kadamakkudy corridor and later 10 km into the sea.