One -word Substitutions form an essential part of vocabulary. As the name suggests, questions based on this concept ask you to replace a given sentence with an appropriate word. Such questions frequently feature in the verbal section of many competitive exams.
Give below are ten questions to test your word-power.
Your words can either build or destroy someone. So be careful with their usage. Samuel Zulu.
Directions: In the following questions, find the one word that best expresses the meaning/idea expressed in the question.
#1. A person who is devoid of sexual powers
#2. A person who makes insincere love
#3. The practice of keeping one wife or husband
#4. A person who does not eat meat
#5. A place where fruits are grown
#6. A person who has a sweer and friendly nature
#7. A person who believes in the power of fate
#8. A long speech by one man
#9. A book containing information on all subjects
#10. A specialist in eye disease
- GE 73: KVS PRT GENERAL ENGLISH QUESTIONS-2017 PAPER
- GE 72: KVS TGTs RECRUITMENT EXAM-2016( GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION)
- GE 71: KVS PRT 2015- GENERAL ENGLISH SECTION
- GE 70: GENERAL ENGLISH PART KVS PRT EXAM-2013
- GE 69: GENERAL ENGLISH PART KVS PRT EXAM-2012 ( READING COMPREHENSION ONLY)