Dear aspirants, the below questions are from the General English part of KVS Librarians Recruitment TEst-2013. Practice it to test yourself.
“Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence.” Lisa M. Amos
Directions ( Qs. 1to 3): Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the underlined word in the sentence.
#1. He spent his whole life caught up in (mundane) matters.
#2. Smart people are often good at (camouflaging) their real character.
#3. The old woman lives in a ( dilapidated) house.
Directions ( Qs. 4to 6): Choose the word which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bracketed word in the sentence.
#4. We had a ( delectable) meal yesterday.
#5. Never adopt a (callous) attitude towards your duties.
#6. One should not go for a (transient) solution of a problem.
Directions ( Qs. 7to 9): Choose the option which best expresses the meaning of the bracketed idiom/phrase in the sentence.
#7. Our politicians are often( in a catch-22 situation)
#8. One could observe the opposition to the new policy by the (rank and file) of the government.
Rank And File are the employees in organization who are not in any leadership or managerial positions.
#9. Good politicians are capable of swaying the public opinion with their (gift of the gab)
Directions (Qs 10 to 12): A word has been written in four different ways, out of which only one is correctly spelt. Choose the correctly spelt word.
the customary code of polite behaviour in society or among members of a particular profession or group
#10. Choose the correct spelling
#11. Choose the correct spelling
#12. Choose the correct spelling
Embarrassment = a feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness
embracement=holding (someone) closely in one’s arms, especially as a sign of affection
Directions (Qs 13 to 17): Each question has a group of sentences marked (1). (2), (3), (4) and (5). Arrange these to form a logical sequence.
1. According to well-known management gurus, these team activities can have unintended consequences for certain employees.
2. I humbly suggest you think again about it.
3. So you believe that office parties are the ultimate team building exercise
4. Finally, recent research reveals that while social events help homogenous teams form close bonds, they do not have the same benefits for racially diverse groups of co-workers.
5. Research points out otherwise.
#13. Now, arrange them in a logical sequence.
1. I have thought about it may times in an objective way.
2. And as a result, I lose my temper often when people goof up or don’t deliver.
3. I own a family business with a turnover of over 500 crores.
4.And while my temper has negative results in terms of people getting, I feel it is also a great way to get people to push boudaries.
5. I am very driven and focused on results.
#14. Now, arrange them in a logical sequence.
1. My dream led me to an obsessive interest in design, which slowly opened the door to visual communication.
2. I am so happy that I am now studying design at India’s premiere institute.
3. Even as a child, I was clear what I wanted to do.
4. However, I was determined that I wanted to join a premiere institute or not pursue design at all.
5. I told my parents in class three that I wanted to be an artist.
#15. Now, arrange them in a logical sequence.
1. He will be remembered for many things he did.
2. He was an extremely compassionate and helpful person for all who knew him.
3. One of my mother’s uncles died recently.
4. But for me, and many others in our family, he will be remembered for one thing in particular.
5. He had a long and full life, including a distinguished career in the Indian Air Force.
#16. Now arrange the above sentence in proper order.
1. Or you go on a shopping trip with plans to buy certain things but end up buying things you did not need.
2. Thus, there is always a mismatch between our plans and our final outcomes.
3. It has happened to every one of us.
4. And 60 minutes later are left wondering what got into you that you said what you did.
5. You walk into a meeting clear about what you want to say or do.
#17. Now arrange the above sentences in a proper order.
Directions (Qs 18 to 20): In each question, choose the one word which can be substituted for the given sentence/words.
#18. The school or college in which one has been educated....
#19. The period between two reigns...
#20. Large scale departure of people....
- Current Affairs – 21 September 2023
- Current Affairs 17,18 & 19 September 2023
- Current Affairs – 20 September 2023
- Essay 95: Kindness
- Essay 94: Moral Values