Here is a collection of few interesting words and sentences from the English language. This helps us create interest towards the language.
- Write some sentence that contain all the letters of the English Alphabet?
A quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs
(A pangram, or holoalphabetic sentence, is a sentence that contains every letter of the alphabet at least once. )
2. Write some words that contain all the vowels?
3. Write a word that contains the vowels in a sequenetial order.
4. Write some words that contain animals in their spellings?
Elephant, pants, chant, forbearance,catapult, catridge, coward, bearing, dogma, feel, blouse, brat, bowl, fowl, selfish, batter etc.
5.Write some words that contain numbers in their spellings?
tender, tentacle, anyone, someone, canine, feminine, weight, weighty.
6. What is the most commonly used letter in the English language?
7. How many words in the English language end with ‘gry’?
Answer: Only angry and hungry.
8. What is the dot on top of the letter i and j is called?
Answer:The dot on top of the letter i and j is called “tittle”.
9. What is the longest word in the English language?
10. Write some words which contain any single vowel four times?
Answer: Reference, Excellence
- Free e-book
- EXPECTED QUESTIONS FOR KVS LIBRARIANS INTERVIEW
- GK 132 : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- MOBILE PHONES
- GK 131 : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- English Literature
- General English
- General Knowledge
- General Posts
- General Science
- LIBRARY SCIENCE