India, Bangladesh Sign 3 MoUs To Strengthen Bilateral CooperationPrime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi and Sheikh Hasina, PM of People’s Republic of Bangladesh exchanged 3 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to strengthen bilateral cooperation between India and Bangladesh.
The 3 MoUs were,
- MoU on Cooperation in Digital Payment mechanisms between National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Bangladesh Bank.
- MoU on renewal of the Cultural Exchange Program (CEP) between India and Bangladesh for 2023-2025.
- MoU between Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Bangladesh Agriculture Research Council (BARC).
The MoUs were exchagned following the bilateral meeting between PM Modi and PM Hasina.
India Bangladesh Bilateral meeting:
PM Modi held a bilateral meeting with Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina, who was visiting India as a guest to participate in the G-20 Leaders Summit held from 9th to 10th September 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
- During the meeting, they discussed on the entire scope of bilateral cooperation including political and security cooperation, power and energy, and people to people ties.
Details of the MoUs:
i.MoU on Cooperation in Digital Payment mechanisms between National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and central bank of Bangladesh ‘Bangladesh Bank’.
- The scope of the MoU is issuance of RuPay Prepaid Card from Bangladesh, establishing acceptance of RuPay Card in Bangladesh at ATM and commercial transactions, cross border remittance, enabling acceptance of Unified Payment Interface (UPI) through Quick Response (QR) code in Bangladesh at Merchant locations.
ii.MoU on renewal of the Cultural Exchange Program (CEP) for 2023-2025.
- This aims to hold cultural activities to strengthen cooperation in the areas of archaeological conservation, youth affairs, sports and mass media etc.
- Both countries will exchange the visits of scholars/academicians in the field of art, culture and literature for a duration of two weeks.
- CEP was initially signed between both countries in 2015; Lastly renewed in 2019 for the tenure 2021-23.
iii.MoU between Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Bangladesh Agriculture Research Council (BARC).
- The agreement boosts cooperation in agricultural research and education envisages exchange of scientists, scientific equipment, scientific literature,germplasm and breeding material.
- The MoU will come into effect through the creation of two-year Work Plans.
- It also includes the formation of a Joint Working Group of both nations, which will meet once every two years in New Delhi and Dhaka in Bangladesh.
Both the countries welcomed the operationalization of the Agreement on the use of the Chattogram and Mongla Ports and commissioning of the India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline.
- They looked forward to the beginning of negotiations on the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
About People’s Republic of Bangladesh:
Prime Minister -Sheikh Hasina
Capital – Dhaka
Currency – Bangladeshi Taka
Odisha’s Koraput Kalajeera Rice Gets GI Tag Chennai(Tamil Nadu) based Geographical Indications Registry has granted Geographical Indication(GI) tags to Odisha’s ‘Koraput Kalajeera Rice’, which is also known as the ‘Prince of Rice’.
- Kalajeera rice has been exclusively cultivated by the tribes and farmers of Koraput district in Odisha over generations.
Geographical Indication Registry functions under the the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry(MoCI).
i.Koraput Kalajeera Rice(Class 30 – Rice) was categorised as ‘Agriculture’ under Goods.
ii.The application was made by Jaivik Sri Farmers Producer Company Limited(Odisha) and facilitated by Department of Agriculture and Farmers
Empowerment (Odisha) & National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD)- Odisha.
About Koraput Kalajeera Rice:
i.It is an aromatic rice variety with a unique black colour, excellent aroma, taste, and texture, making it popular among rice consumers.
ii.Kalajeera rice is grown in specific areas of Koraput district, including Tolla, Patraput, Pujariput, Baliguda, and Mohuli.
iii.Kalajeera rice is believed to enhance memory, control diabetes, increase haemoglobin levels, and boost metabolism.
- This fragrant grain possesses various medicinal properties, including being antispasmodic, stomachic, carminative, antibacterial, astringent, and having sedative properties.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Stadium – DRIEMS Ground & Kalinga Stadium
Festival – Utkala Divas & Durga Pooja
Highlights of PM Narendra Modi visit to Jakarta; Attended 20th ASEAN-India Summit & 18th East Asia SummitPrime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi paid official visit to Jakarta, Indonesia from 6th to 7th September 2023 at the invitation of Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia.
- During his visit, he attended the 20th ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) -India Summit and the 18th East Asia Summit (EAS) hosted by Indonesia as current Chair of ASEAN.
- The 20th ASEAN-India Summit is the 1st Summit since the elevation of India-ASEAN relations to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership in 2022.
In 2023, Indonesia took lead as ASEAN Chair with the theme “ASEAN Matters: Epicentrum of Growth”. The Chairmanship of ASEAN is rotate annually based on the alphabetical order of the English names of Member States.
i.On September 7, 2023, the 20th ASEAN-India Summit was held in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Summit was co-chaired by Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia, and Indian PM Narendra Modi on the theme ‘ASEAN Matters: Epicentrum of Growth‘.
ii.The 18th East Asia Summit (EAS) Summit was held in Jakarta, Indonesia. The meeting adopted the EAS Leaders’ Statement on Maintaining and Promoting the Region as an Epicentrum of Growth and exchanged views on a wide range of regional and international issues.
It was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, with the signing of the ASEAN Declaration (Bangkok Declaration) by the Founding Fathers of ASEAN: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
Secretary-General– Dr. Kao Kim Hourn
Secretariat– Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta
NJA signs MoU with Singapore Judicial College on Advancing Cooperation in Judicial Education & Research
The National Judicial Academy (NJA) of India, which works under the directions of the Supreme Court of India, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Singapore Judicial College of the Supreme Court of Singapore on advancing cooperation in judicial education and research.
- The MoU was signed during Dr. Dhananjaya Yashwant (DY) Chandrachud, the Chief Justice of India (CJI)’s official visit to Singapore. Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice of Singapore was also present during the signing.
- On September 7, 2023, another MoU was signed between the Supreme Court of India and the Supreme Court of Singapore in the field of Judicial Cooperation in the presence of the CJI and the Singapore CJ.
- CJ Sundaresh Menon has been serving as the 4th CJ of Singapore since 2012. He is the first Singapore-born Chief Justice of Singapore.
- CJI DY Chandrachud was sworn in as the 50th CJI in November 2022, succeeding Justice Uday Umesh Lalit. DY Chandrachud’s tenure will end on November 10, 2024.
Note: NJA, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), established in 1993 under the Societies Registration Act, of 1860, is an independent society, fully funded by the Government of India (GoI).
CJI is the Chairman of the General Body of NJA as well as the Chairman of the Governing Council , the Executive Committee and the Academic Council of NJA.
AU Small Finance Bank Partners with Star Health and Bajaj Allianz to Offer Insurance Products
AU Small Finance Bank (AU SFB) has recently entered into bancassurance agreements with Star Health and Allied Insurance Company (Star Health), and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company (Bajaj Allianz). This strategic move allows AU Bank to offer a range of insurance products to its customers through these partnerships.
- Customers of AU Bank can now access insurance products such as health insurance and general insurance policies through the bank’s branches and digital channels.
Bancassurance Partnership with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance:
i.Under this partnership, AU SFB will distribute a range of insurance products from Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.These products include term insurance, savings plans, and retirement products.
ii.The collaboration is expected to be a long-term partnership, indicating a sustained relationship between AU SFB and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
iii.The partnership is to enhance the delivering top-tier services and adopting a digital-first approach, which suggests a focus on providing efficient and technology-driven insurance solutions to customers.
Bancassurance Partnership with Star Health:
i.In the case of the partnership with Star Health, AU SFB will distribute health insurance plans from Star Health.
ii.Health insurance plans typically cover medical expenses and provide financial protection in case of illness or accidents.
What is Bancassurance
Bancassurance is a financial services arrangement in which a bank partners with an insurance company to offer insurance products and services to its customers.
- The bank acts as an intermediary or distribution channel for insurance products, allowing customers to purchase insurance policies, such as life insurance, health insurance, or property insurance, through the bank.
About AU Small Finance Bank Limited(Ltd):
Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sanjay Agarwal
Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan
Established in – 1996
ATIS’ Next G Alliance & Bharat 6G Alliance signed MoU to Explore 6G Wireless Technology Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS)’s Next G Alliance and the Bharat 6G Alliance (B6GA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore collaboration opportunities on 6G wireless technologies.
- The MoU will facilitate aligning research and development priorities that support a common 6G vision and create secure and trusted telecommunications as well as resilient supply chains.
The MoU between the two organizations was signed by Susan Miller, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ATIS; and N. G. Subramaniam, Chairman of Bharat 6G Alliance and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of TATA Consultancy Services Limited (TCS).
About the Partnership:
i.ATIS and B6GA have jointly acknowledged a shared vision. This vision, as joined in a United States-India Joint Statement, revolves around:
- Building secure and trustworthy telecommunications; bolstering resilient supply chains, and fostering global digital inclusivity.
ii.Both countries endorse an ambitious vision for 6G networks, which encompasses standards of cooperation and a strong commitment to collaborative research and development in 6G technologies.
i.India had a vision for societal empowerment and the promise of an enhanced quality of life through the next generation of 6G technology.
ii.The transition to 6G technology needs focused, open, and collaborative research efforts, amongst national boundaries.
iii.The MoU between ATIS and B6GA is a critical link in shaping the future of the global 6G mobile wireless ecosystem.
iv.In a significant move towards shaping the future of wireless technology, ATIS highlighted the attempt to define next-generation wireless leadership.
v.This initiative has seen ATIS enter into collaborative agreements with renowned organizations like:
- Korea’s 5G Forum, Japan’s Beyond 5G Promotion Consortium, and Europe’s 6G Smart Networks and Services Industry Association (6G-IA).
What is the Next G Alliance?
i.It is an initiative to advance North American mobile technology leadership over the next decade through private sector-led efforts with the initial focus on 6G.
ii.The work will encompass the full lifecycle of research and development, manufacturing, standardization, and market readiness, with a strong emphasis on technology commercialization.
- The efforts of its working groups in Applications, Green G (The Path Toward Sustainable 6G), National 6G Roadmap, Societal and Economic Needs, Spectrum, and Technology are building the foundation for North American leadership in 6G and beyond.
What is Bharat 6G Alliance (B6AG)?
i.In July 2023, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) under the Ministry of Communications launched the Bharat 6G Alliance to drive innovation and collaboration in next-generation wireless technology.
ii.It is an initiative of Indian industry, academia, and national research institutions and is aligned with the Bharat 6G Mission to design, develop, and deploy technology and innovations that provide an intelligent and secure solution for the high-quality living experience of citizens in India and outside.
iii.B6AG aimed at promoting the ecosystem for research, design, development, field testing, Intellectual property rights (IPR), security, certification, and manufacturing of telecom products and solutions, inter alia.
About Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS):
President & CEO– Susan M. Miller
Headquarters– Washington, D.C., the United States of America(USA)
Established in– 1983
NVIDIA Partners with RIL to Advance AI in India & Partners with TATA to Build AI Infrastructure
The United States of America (USA) based chipmaker NVIDIA corporation separately partnered with Reliance Industries Limited and Tata Group to build Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supercomputers in India.
- The partnership aims to advance computing infrastructure and platforms for developing AI solutions in India.
- NVIDIA Corporation is a technology company known for designing and manufacturing graphics processing units (GPUs).
Partnership with Reliance:
i.Reliance Industries and NVIDIA partnered to build the fastest AI supercomputer in India.
- They will collaborate to develop India’s own foundation large language model (LLM), which would be suitable for generative AI applications and instructed in a wide range of Indian languages.
ii.Nvidia is set to provide cutting-edge technology, including the NVIDIA GH200 Grace Hopper Superchip and the NVIDIA DGX Cloud, an AI supercomputing service hosted in the cloud.
- The GH200 chip is a sifgnificant development in computing architecture, providing unmatched performance and vast memory bandwidth.
iii.Reliance Jio Infocomm, Reliance Industries’ telecom arm will create AI applications and services for their 450 million Jio customers and provide energy-efficient AI infrastructure to scientists, developers and startups across India.
- NVIDIA will provide Jio with end-to-end AI supercomputer technologies such as CPU, Graphics processing unit(GPU), networking, and AI operating systems and frameworks for developing the most powerful AI models.
iv.The AI infrastructure will be hosted in AI-ready computing data centers that will eventually expand to 2,000 MW.
- Execution and implementation will be managed by Jio.
v.The new AI cloud infrastructure will give academics, developers, entrepreneurs, scientists, AI practitioners, and others in India access to rapid computing and high-speed, secure cloud networking, allowing them to run workloads safely and efficiently.
Partnership with Tata:
i.Tata and NVIDIA will collaborate to construct an AI supercomputer powered by the next-generation NVIDIA GH200 Grace Hopper Superchip to achieve best-in-class performance.
ii.Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will design and process generative AI applications using the AI infrastructure and capabilities.
- TCS will also upskill its 6 lakh-strong workforce with the partnership.
- The partnership will also catalyze the AI-led transformation across Tata Group companies.
About NVIDIA Corporation :
Founder and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) – Jensen Huang
Established – 1993
Headquarters – California, United States of America(USA)
Association of Investment Bankers of India appoints Mahavir Lunawat of Pantomath Capital as ChairmanThe Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI) appointed Mahavir Lunawat, Group Founder and Managing Director (MD) of Pantomath Capital Advisors Private Limited, as its Chairman for two years starting September 2023. He will succeed Anay P Khare, MD (Corporate Finance Division(CFD) of Axis Capital Ltd.
- AIBI also appointed Arjun Mehra, MD of J.M. Financial, and Prem D’Cunha, SVP (Senior Vice President) & Head – ECM Execution at ICICI Securities as its Vice Chairmen.
- These appointments were made at the AIBI’s Board Meeting held on September 5, 2023.
Note: AIBI is the sole representative body of investment bankers to Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and various statutory authorities, and the Chairperson represents investment bankers on SEBI’s Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC), actively voicing members’ views on regulatory reforms.
About Mahavir Lunawat:
i.Mahavir Lunawat, an industry veteran with 20+ years of experience, currently represents AIBI as Director on SEBI’s Alternate Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC).
ii.He has led numerous Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and corporate restructuring projects and managed over 100 IPOs.
iii.He has also served as Director at TiE Mumbai, a member of the Capital Market Committee of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), and contributed to the Kotak Committee on Corporate Governance.
About Arjun Mehra: He has over 15 years of investment banking experience, specializing in capital markets, M&A transactions, and regulatory consultations.
About Prem D’Cunha: He has 20+ years of experience in Indian investment banking and capital markets. He’s been involved in regulatory consultations on various topics, including offers for sale, stock exchange mechanisms, and public offer guidelines.
About Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI):
Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Dr. Milind V. Dalvi
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment- 1993 as Association of Merchant Bankers of India (AMBI)
Tagline– Raising the Credibility Standard
North Korea Unveils First Tactical Nuclear-Armed Submarine Named “Hero Kim Kun Ok”On 8th September 2023, North Korea launched its first operational tactical nuclear attack submarine, Submarine No. 841 named “Hero Kim Kun Ok“. It was specially designed to launch strategic nuclear weapons from underwater. This will be deployed to the fleet, patrolling the waters between the Korean peninsula and Japan.
- The launch ceremony was attended by Kim Jong Un, the Supreme leader of North Korea at the Sinpho shipyard located on the east coast of North Korea.
- The Submarine is launched ahead of 75th anniversary of the North Korea’s founding (September 9, 1948).
- The submarine was named after Hero Kim Kun Ok, a North Korean naval chief who led an operation that sank the USS Baltimore in 1950 during the Korean War.
Note: North Korea annually celebrates September 9th as the Day of the Foundation of the Republic.
The new launch is in response to the joint military exercise conducted by the United States of America (USA) and South Korea, and to counter the advanced naval assets of the United States of America (USA) and its Asian allies.
Note: In July 2023, the USA docked a nuclear-capable ballistic missile submarine in South Korea for the first time since the 1980s.
About the Submarine Hero Kim Kun Ok:
i.The vessel appears to be a modified Soviet-era Romeo-class submarine, which North Korea acquired from China in the 1970s and started producing domestically.
ii.The Submarine, with 10 missile launch tube hatches, can likely fire Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missiles (SLBMs) and have the ability to carry 10 of North Korea’s Pukgoksong-3 weapons.
iii.The submarine is also capable of launching the “Haeil,” North Korea’s first-ever nuclear-armed unmanned underwater vehicle unveiled in March 2023.
iv.The submarine with 2 distinct sizes of launch hatches, is capable of launching two distinct types or sizes of SLBMs.
v.The term “tactical” suggests that it is not equipped with an SLBM for reaching the US mainland, but armed with smaller, short-range SLBMs or Submarine-Launched Cruise Missiles (SLCMs) capable of striking South Korea, Japan, or other nearby regions.
i.North Korea’s nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs are prohibited by United Nations (UN) Security Council resolutions, and the new submarine launch has raised concerns from South Korea and Japan.
ii.North Korea has an estimated about 70-90 diesel-powered submarines in one of the world’s largest submarine fleets. But they are mostly aging ones capable of launching only torpedoes and mines, not missiles.
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Signs Master Ship Repair Agreement with US Govt to Service its Fleet
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL), a Public-Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Defence (MoD), has signed a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) with the government of the United States of America (US), represented by NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Yokosuka, Japan.
- MSRA is a legally non-binding arrangement between the US Navy and private shipbuilding contractors to pre-approve shipyards to repair US naval vessels.
- Under this agreement, MDL is composed to deliver essential voyage repair and maintenance services for the US Navy Ships (USNS) and it signifies the strengthening of India’s maritime security.
- This is a non-financial agreement and there are only 2 shipyards in India including MDL which has signed MSRA, the other being Larsen & Toubro (L&T). The agreement is expected to open up voyage repairs of US Navy Ships at Mazagon Dock.
- In July 2023, L&T had signed the MSRA with the US Navy. L&T’s Kattupalli Shipyard, near Chennai (Tamil Nadu), a major node in the Southern Defence Corridor, was qualified for undertaking voyage repairs of the Military Sealift Command vessels and salvage ship USNS Salvor (T-ARS 52).
Note: Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, formerly known as Mazagon Dock Limited was incorporated as a Private Limited Company on February 26, 1934, in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
Novak Djokovic Won his 24th Grand Slam Title at US Open 2023Novak Djokovic won his 24th Grand Slam title at the US Open 2023 by defeating Daniil Medvedev in the men’s singles final at the Arthur Ashe Stadium(Hard Court), New York City, New York, United States of America(USA).
- The 143rd edition of the US Open was held from 28th August to 10th September 2023.
i.Coco Gauff(WTA Ranking 3) won her first Grand Slam title at the US Open 2023 by beating Aryna Sabalenka(WTA Ranking 1) in the Women’s Singles final.
ii.Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury won the men’s doubles title at the US Open2023 by beating Rohan Bopanna and Matthew Ebden in the final.
iii.Gabriela Dabrowski and Erin Routliffe won the women’s doubles title at the US Open by defeating 2020 US Open champions Vera Zvonareva and Laura Siegemund in the finals.
iv.Harri Heliovaara and Anna Dalinina won the mixed doubles title at the US Open by defeating Jessica Pegula and Austin Krajicek in the finals.
About The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP):
Chairman – Andrea Gaudenzi
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
Established – 1972
Himalaya Diwas 2023 – September 9 Himalaya Diwas, also known as the Himalayan Day is annually observed across India, especially in the state of Uttarakhand on 9th September with the aim of conserving the Himalayan ecosystem and region.
- The day also aims to raise awareness among the general public and bring community participation in conservation activities to save and maintain the Himalayas and mountain nature.
9th September 2023 marks the 14th edition of Himalaya Diwas.
i.Himalaya Day, initiated on September 9, 2010, was a significant step towards acknowledging the importance of the Himalayan region. While the government initially expressed interest in this attempt, progress on the matter has been slow.
ii.In 2014, Harish Rawat, the then Chief Minister (CM) of Uttarakhand officially declared the 9th September of every year as the ‘Himalaya Diwas’.
- He also announced that the day would be celebrated by the Government of Uttarakhand as well.
iii.CM of Uttarakhand Harish Rawat officially declared government recognition for Himalaya Day, following a proposal by Ajay Bhatt, a senior BJP leader and the Leader of the Opposition from 2015.
iv.The first-ever Himalaya Diwas was celebrated on 9th September 2015.
World First Aid Day 2023 – September 9World First Aid Day is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Saturday of September to create awareness about the importance of first aid training in saving lives and preventing injuries. The day also aims to encourage the general public to learn basic first-aid skills.
- World First Aid Day 2023 was observed on 9th September 2023.
- The theme of World First Aid Day 2023 is “First Aid in the Digital World”.
i.In 2000, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) the 2nd Saturday of every year as World First Aid Day.
ii.The first-ever World First Aid Day was observed on 9th September 2000.
About the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies(IFRC):
Secretary General– Jagan Chapagain
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Established in 1863
International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2023- September 9 The United Nations (UN) International Day to Protect Education from Attack is annually observed across the globe on 9th September, to raise awareness about the pressing issue of attacks on schools, students, education personnel, and teachers worldwide.
- 9th September 2023 marks the observance of the 4th International Day to Protect Education from Attack.
i.On 28 May 2020, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/74/275 and proclaimed the 9th September of every year as the International Day to Protect Education from Attack.
- The resolution proclaiming the Day was presented by the State of Qatar and co-sponsored by 62 countries.
ii.The first-ever International Day to Protect Education from Attack was observed on 9th September 2020.
To mark the 4th International Day to Protect Education from Attack, a main High-Level Observance is co-organized by UNESCO, the State of Qatar, Education Above All (EAA) Foundation, UNICEF, and the United Nations Department of Global Communications.
- This event is part of a week-long commemoration dedicated to galvanizing action to safeguard education, focusing on the theme of “Justice for Victims“.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO):
Director-General – Ms. Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters– Paris, France
Founded in– 1945
World Suicide Prevention Day 2023 – September 10 World Suicide Prevention Day is annually observed across the globe on 10th September to create awareness that suicide can be prevented and to bring attention to the issues of suicide and reduce the stigma around suicide.
- The annual observance is organised by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) and co-sponsored by the World Health Organisation(WHO).
- The triennial theme for World Suicide Prevention Day from 2021-2023 is “Creating Hope Through Action”.
i.The International Association for Suicide Prevention in conjunction with the WHO established the World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) in 2003.
ii.The first-ever WSPD was successfully launched in Stockholm, on 10th September 2003.
About the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP):
President– Professor Rory O’Connor
Headquarters– Washington DC, The United States of America(USA)
Established in 1960