Type-I or Open Condition: Conditionals of this type tell us that something will happen if a certain condition is fulfilled. The condition may or may not be fulfilled.
- If it rains, I will stay at home.
- If she studies hard, she will pass the exam.
- If we leave now, we will catch the train.
- If you save money, you can buy a car.
- If he eats too much, he will feel sick.
- If they finish their work on time, they can go on holiday.
- If I wake up early, I will go for a run.
- If you don’t wear sunscreen, you will get sunburnt.
- If the concert starts on time, we will enjoy the opening act.
- If she calls me back, we can plan our trip.
Type-II or Improbable or imaginary Condition: Conditionals of this type are used when we talk about something which we don’t expect to happen or which is purely imaginary.
- If I had a superpower, I could fly from one place to another.
- If I could turn back time, I would undo my biggest mistake.
- If I could read people’s minds, I would know what they were thinking about me.
- If I could travel through space, I would explore all of the galaxies.
- If I could speak every language in the world, I wouldn’t need a translator.
- If I had wings, I could fly to the moon.
- If I could turn back time, I would undo all my regrets.
- If I could read minds, I would know what everyone was thinking.
- If I could teleport, I would be able to travel anywhere in the world instantly.
- If I could create an entirely new universe, I would choose a place with no suffering or pain.
Type-III or Unfulfilled Condition: Conditionals of this type say that something did not happen because a certain condition was not fulfilled.
- If I had taken the day off work, I wouldn’t be so exhausted.
- If I hadn’t stayed up late studying, I would have felt more energized in the morning.
- If I had gone to bed earlier, I would have felt more alert this morning.
- If I had been more prepared for the meeting, I wouldn’t have been so anxious.
- If I had said no to that extra cup of coffee, I wouldn’t be so jittery now.
- If I had more money, I would have bought a bigger house.
- If I had been paying more attention in class, I would have gotten better grades.
- If I had gone to the doctor sooner, I wouldn’t be dealing with these health issues now.
- If I had taken that job offer, I would have been in a much better position now.
- If I had invested my money better, I would have more financial security now.
Our Recent Posts:
- SE 29: WORDS USED TO INSULT
- SE 28: WORDS RELATED TO RICHNESS
- SE 27: WORDS RELATED TO POVERTY
- GK 146: WORLD ENVIRONMENT QUIZ
- How to Express in English-2